gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 04:31:53 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  AFS/AEQ not set and WinMX window all white and not responding ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: AFS/AEQ not set and WinMX window all white and not responding ?  (Read 6955 times)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: AFS/AEQ not set and WinMX window all white and not responding ?
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 07:42:40 pm »
very true... the many lols that can be had on winmx chat rooms alone are worth it...

and lets put it this way; all good things come to those who wait ;)

tho i do admit i prefer bittorrent more and more as time goes on for xfers... :/  (this is where robomx, wpcc, etc come in handy ;) )

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 09:08:13 pm »
verry intresting  this read out Stripes :yes: .. even if i don t have any crash problems for winmx (not on xp ..not on 7)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 10:49:36 pm »
those are showing where the app crashed but not so bad that it couldnt continue by asking the os 'try again?' starting the program normally wont show such crashes...

...memory leaks and overflow from too many incompletes however... thats a different story alltogether...

after having similar problems with massive amounts of incompletes i made a 'rule of thumb' that if an incomplete file does not get any further data downloaded to it, at all, within 3 months of mx use (this includes queues that dont end) i delete it and search for others.... ofc this includes 0 byte incompletes that never started...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 12:34:34 am »
Lots of users will look at a huge stack of incompletes in a browse as a sign of Leeching too

Its not very encouraging when you do a browse, 5000 files, to see a gazillion incompletes, a bucketload of albumarts and mebbe 5 or 10 completed files that the user hasnt yet moved to their non-shared library...

So the solution is simple:  Keep your incompletes list modest. WinMX will only load so many files with AFS and AEQ set anyway, I think mebbe 20 or 30, the rest are loadable but dont have AFS and AEQ set
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  AFS/AEQ not set and WinMX window all white and not responding ?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx