gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76777 Posts in 13503 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 20, 2024, 05:48:57 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Metis Script Help  |  Help Please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 17394 times)

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
Re: Help Please
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2010, 10:16:56 pm »
My game plays continously but have included a script that ends the game after 20 mins
they plays a new game...it starts from zero again but keeps a log of the top 3 scorers and adds next round to their scores
thats if they come in the top 3 again mind
Yes i do know Richy but he is very busy at the mo
If you wanted to pop along and see what i mean you are more than welcome at
Trivia Challenge_A193FF3E413A

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2010, 01:08:22 pm »
My game plays continously but have included a script that ends the game after 20 mins
they plays a new game...it starts from zero again but keeps a log of the top 3 scorers and adds next round to their scores
thats if they come in the top 3 again mind
Yes i do know Richy but he is very busy at the mo
If you wanted to pop along and see what i mean you are more than welcome at
Trivia Challenge_A193FF3E413A
Well.. reading THAT i think you DO use metis trivia and NOT the pluggin variant again?¿?¿? ...i might pop in to see what we re talking about if i find the time to remember long enough :) but don t get me wrong i m not the right person for writing complicated scripts from scratch ...i'm waaaay to chaotic for that hehehe (can only point you to the possibilities on what you could try using)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2010, 01:14:16 pm »
keep in mind that it is unwise to have both pluggins (metis and trivia) visible in the pluggin window in settings ... if you want to run both you need to run two separate instances of robo ...each with their own pluggin
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2010, 11:51:53 pm »
Advice is all i was hoping...ta Josh
It is SO annoyable why they dont all do same thing

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2010, 12:04:21 am »
if they ld all do the same ...what would be the point of having more than one??????  :o LOOOOOOL

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2010, 03:45:48 pm »
True Josh
so why dont some1 make 1 that does everything
Technology is very advanced these days

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2010, 04:16:15 pm »
Probably because after Bender left the mxcontrol projects two people tried to keep it alive and one gave up for sure, the other ...i'm not sure
Anyway i can turn it ...mxcontrol is no longer open for read only either (for a long time now).. so i guess no one is going to push that wagon anymore?

we ll be loosing more tools as time progresses i think ...but the good side is robo and metis have not lost any functionality (yet) ;)

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2010, 09:45:10 pm »
Couldnt some1 here invent a bot that does all
or wasnt Winmx invented here ?

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2010, 01:04:31 am »

WCB is basically that bot. But you need to code plugins for it to do what you want specifically. Metis is a very simple bot in comparison as it uses flat files and an XML system for inputting code. But again you need to code what you want it to do specifically.

The most powerful bots are the ones that give you full control to write whatever you want in that way these bots 'do it all'.

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2010, 12:37:16 pm »
Thanks Pri
could you point me in the right dirrection where to obtain this WCB please
and thanks for everones help

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2010, 02:27:50 pm »
no winmx was not invented here  :D it was "invented" and distributed  at frontcode and winmx.com originally

WCB >> usually here http://www.mxstuff.org/Forums/ but it looks offline now, have you ever had a good look at the archive? httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/ (you can let others search but you could also have a peek yourself  :yes:)

(i think MAX will have a thread about this too on his forum and if you would request it at my site i'ld post it as an attachment too [i just dont get arround filling the site...stuck at designing]), my guess is even rebellion has it in the threads but i ld need to visit to be sure)

*Note: WCB is a nice bot but I don t think there is much new stuff being created anymore for that one either ( a bit like metis imho )

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2010, 04:06:43 pm »
Yeah I'd say that is accurate WCB and Metis development has ceased. There is probably only 3 people still posting new code for either of these bots and I'm one of those.

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2010, 04:09:53 pm »
I couldnt see WCB in the archives
any idea where to obtain it please

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2010, 07:18:11 pm »

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2010, 08:17:16 pm »
Still none the wiser  :no:

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2010, 04:55:53 pm »
I did have a look but couldnt see anywhere to download the bot
plus do you need a plugin for trivia...if so i couldnt even see that ffs

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2010, 06:05:15 pm »
I dont get it if i view the google link i ve posted i see:

Quote from: Google
winmx - WCB WinMX Chat Bot & Pluginswinmx The WCB is a small but powerful bot, it has the ability with plugins to bring up chat rooms if you cant find one, it can also search files, ...
maxtech.youneed.us/.../wcb-winmx-chat-bot-plugins-t543.htm?...winmx - Cached

don t you see that the third find?

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2010, 06:07:07 pm »
oooh and i never said there was a trivia pluggin for it .. in fact i ve never heard of one

i think Pri meant that it could be created ?

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2010, 08:48:50 pm »
Hmmm
how is it known it will do away with all the probs im having if it hasnt been done b4 ?

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2010, 10:43:17 pm »
Hmmm
how is it known it will do away with all the probs im having if it hasnt been done b4 ?

What I meant was WCB can do anything you want it to do - IF you program plugins for it. It can't do everything out of the box it's just a bot that you still need to program all the plugins for. It's a foundation a base etc

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Metis Script Help  |  Help Please

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.014 seconds with 18 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx