gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 10:42:02 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  Protocol Discussion  |  Programming / coding resources
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Programming / coding resources  (Read 2933 times)

Offline achilles

• Core
Programming / coding resources
« on: September 25, 2010, 07:13:51 pm »
So would this be a good reference or aid for someone that is learning coding, and is just trying to learn a basic ideal or concept on designing a P2P client?  This is just for learning.  Not that i would be creating anything anytime soon.  http://cookbooks.adobe.com/post_Create_a_P2P_file_sharing_application-16539.html
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline achilles

• Core
Re: Programming / coding resources
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 07:31:23 pm »
Disregard my first post.  I tried to make some changes, but exceeded the time limitation.  Read below.  I hope this is more clear.
So would this be a good reference or aid for someone that is learning coding, and is just wanting to learn a basic ideal or concept on designing a P2P client?  If you know of any other resources for learning the architecture and concepts on designing a P2P clients then feel free to post them. This is just for learning.  Not that i would be creating anything anytime soon. My educational background is in linguistics, but i would like to learn some programming.  http://cookbooks.adobe.com/post_Create_a_P2P_file_sharing_application-16539.html

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 09:12:32 pm »
We actually already have a private section on the site for coders/programmers Achilles where those who come looking are given extra help tutorials and I hope good advice for aiding their winmx related developement so I thank you for your erstwhile contribution but I would also liike to let you know its not theory or mechanism of operation we are short of just coders , thanks anyway  :-D

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 01:33:39 pm »
Ghostship, thank you for the reply.  I was meaning that i'm trying to learn some coding for myself, and was interested in some open source code from a P2P client. I could look at Limewire, but its written in Java.  I'm playing with C++ so i'm going to look at something like e-mule Xtreme mode since it is written in C++, and I believe it is open source. Its also 1 of my 3 favorite P2P clients (Winmx, E-mule Xtreme, and Utorrent). I don't use any others. Before anyone says it.  I already know that i'm years away from being able to code anything like a P2P client.  I could have also chosen not to begin that first step in studying a foreign language 12 years ago, but i would not be able to speak 3 other languages today. I believe if one sets realistic goals, has patience, has a strong desire to achieve a goal, and really enjoys what their doing then that's all that is needed.  If you find yourself not enjoying what you are doing, and are only interested in the outcome.  Then stop right there.  You will only be wasting your time.  I really don't know if i will enjoy coding since it's so time consuming, but im willing to give it 3 months.  If i'm enjoying it then i will continue working on it, and if i'm not then i will stop.  No reason to waste anymore of my time.  

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 04:47:27 pm »
Emule is a good item to learn with as is "Gnucleus" and both are available at srcforge as open src , those are the two i would look over for helpful and well written code .

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  Protocol Discussion  |  Programming / coding resources

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx