gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 01:02:55 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  For those of us who have to do things manually:
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: For those of us who have to do things manually:  (Read 2210 times)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
For those of us who have to do things manually:
« on: November 17, 2005, 12:34:40 pm »
Just a thought, but would it be possible to have a PROMINANT link to your blocklist, say on the winmxworld homepage, by strong preference with the info

"List last updated %DATE% %TIME%"

As things stand it's impossible to know if the list has changed from what I'm using other than by opening it & reading the content....
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 12:40:42 pm »
Yes, let me see what I can arrange as I am not really sure the front page is the place for that however, I am thinking that maybe a thread would be better then I can post the lists and the changes made if that would help you some?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 12:57:49 pm »
Just having the info "list last updated ......." on the block the RIAA page would help enormously, in addition to the bare link to the list.

The perfect solution would be providing the last revision date in a format people could right click & set as desktop item, the watchful could then update PG or firewall rules whenever this changed..

In a thread on the forum, all that would be needed would be to post "List revised" whenever this occurred, one could simply obtain new list whenever that thread had new posts....

After all bookmarking the list is easy.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 02:06:29 pm »
The block list is at a static URL.

https://www.winmxworld.com/files/block_list.txt

This will not change, as for the PG2, Protowall users this list is automatically updated from the URL.  These programs usually check for updates daily.  When ever these programs detect an update to the page, it automatically updates the list.

The .DLL looks at the list as live as you can get, approx. every two hours I think is what was said, and updates accordingly as does Sherwood, which virtually shares our list.

So this only leaves the users that want to add these IPs to their firewalls, I have added a thread here:

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=1074

This unfortunatly still leaves you having to come to the site to check for updates and changes. 
As I said in that thread the list is checked and investigations are made daily, sometimes hourly for any new IPs, however I will only change that thread when an actual update is needed or made.  I wish I could offer more on this but as also mentioned its a small staff and the priority of time has to be getting the list updated and accurate.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 03:29:58 pm »
What you're doing is adequate for those of us who check, & thanks for making even this effort, it gives me somewhere to check that tells me positively the list has been updated, rather than inspecting the list itself & maybe missing that an entry has been added.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  For those of us who have to do things manually:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx