gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 06:22:11 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Tixati adds completely decentralized chat system.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tixati adds completely decentralized chat system.  (Read 3304 times)

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
Tixati adds completely decentralized chat system.
« on: January 12, 2012, 10:27:26 pm »
Just thought I would post this here as it was only released a few days ago.

But Tixati has added a completely decentralized chat system where you can host your own chat rooms and share files/torrents/links etc. For those that don't know Tixati is a torrent client that obviously has some involvement from the makers of WinMX. As the layout of both it and WinMX are almost identical and let's not forget the fact that tixati was linked on the WinMX update bar a couple years ago.

After playing with it a while it seems to all be based and clung onto DHT to where it is completely decentralized and the chat rooms actually stay there even if you (as the person who created the room) leaves. It seems to have the same basic chat format with a built in admin system and unique hashes to where the chats remembers who is the owner, and who is an op, etc with any login system at all.

Feel free to check this out:  http://www.tixati.com/

I've added some sample screenshots.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Tixati adds completely decentralized chat system.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 10:51:32 pm »
The idea of DHT chat systems is not new but its a step forward for Torrent users who up till now have been unable to even find out if a file is genuine before they waste Gbs in some cases downloading a file, adding chat at least ensures such annoyances are lessened, however my concern with using such a system is what mechanisms are in place to ensure riaa/mpaa privacy attackers and data miners are held at bay and dont end up trapping a potential seeder into commiting criminal acts ?

http://www.kiv.zcu.cz/~ledvina/DHT/DHT-CHAT.pdf

Lets hear some more details Josh  :yes:

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 10:55:08 pm »
Well one can argue about your claim about finding out if a file is genuine or not, it really all depends which torrent site you're using.

But anyone can check out this new chat system for themselves and I suggest you do as well if you really want all the details, it's a little bit lacking in my opinion but I will be waiting to see what exactly they are going to add in the future to make it better.

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 10:57:09 pm »
It's also worth noting that this chat system is not just attached to one specific file. It is a completely decentralized chat network that is not linked to any files. I can see this place becoming a community for some as you can create any chat room you want, and you can share your own links, files, torrents you're downloading for others to download as well. As well as searching those shared files,links, etc all bundled into a little chat.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 11:05:26 pm »
I have to say I,m a bit worried if theres been any new additions over and above the chat system as that might see the legal demons fly out to cause trouble for the developers, I shall look into this further as it was something we where going to look at ourselves at one point , cheers for the good news Josh.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Tixati adds completely decentralized chat system.

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx