gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 08, 2024, 04:19:43 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Installation
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Installation  (Read 7524 times)

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Re: Installation
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 01:40:43 am »
okies hun have you looked at that link i have posted
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Ritz.

• Forum Member
    • Zulu Entertainment
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 03:25:24 am »
Yes I Have and downloaded it,en it says I have to pay for it.......

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 03:28:26 am »
You shouldn't have to pay for it... It was a web site of information on how to forward the ports.

Okies hun before you go any further... Try this for me again. Go to windows firewall... Un-allow winmx through that and than allow again. Also use secondary connection.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Ritz.

• Forum Member
    • Zulu Entertainment
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 03:36:09 am »
Cheers for that would you mind if I sort that out later am off to bed now zzzzzzzzz I will come on early my frind...

Ritz......

Offline Ritz.

• Forum Member
    • Zulu Entertainment
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 12:15:38 am »
Hiii am back again, Done all that and nothing,I am going to uninstall it again nothing more I can do,I don`t understand it and I love WinMx,before pc went off to be sorted,it was working ok ish.. all it was doing then, was counting me out when I was in queues,that was a pain...

Ritz

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 01:34:05 am »
Ritz hun their is something we have mist. Can you tell me what programs you have running on your pc when you are trying to connect to winmx please?

Offline Ritz.

• Forum Member
    • Zulu Entertainment
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2011, 09:47:32 pm »
Hi Tig..

Well sorry for the long delay,

I have a new PC now and I am on Windows 7 my server is Talk Talk with a modem
I am using Firefox &  Internet  explorer..

So here i go again,I still have no WinMx

I downlad it ok but then it will not let me upload/download anything ho man what can I do as I don`t like other music/movie programs only WinMx...

Ho answer to your last question was firefox....

Cheers bud..
Ritz :)

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 07:35:12 am »
Rits, i use windows 7 and winmx and they do work together...

I must ask, where did you get your winmx, as well as patch.

If you go to  https://patch.winmxconex.com and download winmx 3.54b4, and let it RUN the install, rather than downloading and manually placing...

Because you are using Win7, we will need to change a few settings for your library and incoming files folder, but we also need to get your ports organised

Winmx WILL work with win7, altho when you said you are connected by Talk Talk, i am dismayed, they throttle...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline Ritz.

• Forum Member
    • Zulu Entertainment
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2011, 03:08:32 am »
Hi Bluey..

Thank you for your info I have again downloaded WinMix on the settings you gave me infact that is the one I have been using..

Now you say (we will need to change a few settings for your library and incoming files folder, but we also need to get your ports organised)

So fire away let me know what to change.

Cheers Bud....

Ritz

Ritzz

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 08:24:52 pm »
 Hi there Bluey..

I have re-downloaded WinMx

It Does Connect

However It keeps timing me out every few minits like every 3 to 4mins en I loose all my stuff over en over again,Man its hard work lol

that link you left me,are you wanting me to set my setting to that it is showing you???
Cheers

Offline Ritz.

• Forum Member
    • Zulu Entertainment
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 08:26:17 pm »
 Hi there Bluey..

I have re-downloaded WinMx

It Does Connect

However It keeps timing me out every few minits like every 3 to 4mins en I loose all my stuff over en over again,Man its hard work lol

that link you left me,are you wanting me to set my setting to that it is showing you???

Cheers

Ritz                                         

Offline Ritz.

• Forum Member
    • Zulu Entertainment
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 08:32:44 pm »
Forgot to say I will not be online till gone 00:01 UK time...

Cheers
Ritz

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2011, 05:53:56 am »
ok, Ritz, theres no need to keep repeating the winmx download/setup cycle, once you have it from winmxconex, you have it good.

When I say change settings, WinMX was designed to run under older versions of windows, before Vista or Win7 were invented
when WinMX installs itself, it wants to share from 'My Music' and download into 'My Music' but in Vista and Win7, there is no such folder, or at least not by that exact name, and then there is a hassle called 'Permissions'. The easiest solution is to make a new folder, for example, called 'Music I Have' or some other name you can invent, right in the C:\ drive, and then in WinMX settings, point it to C:\Music I Have\ or whatever name you gave it. Likewise, in the Library section of WinMX, direct it to the same folder where your music is currently stored, and share the stuff you have.

After that, it may prove worth your while to do a little exercise called Port Forwarding.

One thing we cannot fix is that some users you try to download from just ain't in a mood for sharing, ever, and will selfishly download while not allowing anyone to download from them.  We call these people Leeches

Of course, if you have difficulty getting uploads to start, some will, alas, treat you as a leech anyway. Not Nice.

If you can, why not call into our WinMX chat room, its a really great room, with lots of helpers and chatters, and you can find live helpers that can walk you right through some of the steps to get fixed and going nicely.

Our Chat and help room is:        WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE             Copy that name and open WinMX chat, paste the room name into the one-line black bar at the top of the listings screen, and then over on the right, click Join
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline Ritz.

• Forum Member
    • Zulu Entertainment
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 04:53:42 pm »
Ok Bud I shall give it ago this evening when I arrive home from dinning this evening en I will let you know how I am doing with it..

Thank you so much for your time & Help..

Ritz

Ritzz

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 09:48:22 pm »
Sorry bud for the delay I have been so busy..

I still cannot sort it now my head is done in:o(
Wish you could take charge of my PC en do it from there ho well.....

By way I forgot to log in its Ritz...

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2011, 07:39:31 am »
Win7 and timouts? you may want to give WinMX admin rights where ever you can ...have a r good read at the stickyed topics in the vista section a little lower on the forum board

Most of all >>HERE<<

Greetings,
...Joshua203
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Installation

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx