gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 06:46:58 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  That silly KM.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: That silly KM.  (Read 7056 times)

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
That silly KM.
« on: March 03, 2011, 07:06:49 am »
I figured this is a better place to resume the KM discussion than the Hi Im intoducing myself thread.
If the sources for the servers are already 'out' why not like.. oh, I dont  know... Modify them?
Not just a simple little blocklist that has to be reloaded by every winmx on the planet and updated by real live living humans. How about actively removing such ips as those fakes by KM, etc.... from the cache servers themselves? Scan the list, delete, resume about 60 times per second. If I can see unusual network activity using netlimiter with my horribly unfocused far sighted eyes, im quite certain something written in C can do it a billion times faster. Add that functionality to the caches. Also add the abilty to the peeps who run the caches to manually enter an ip or range to remove from the entire encrypted list. Then release it much more freely. The cacheservers. There is strength in numbers. How many people can the **AA hire? How many can KM (lmao) hire?? When the majority of all several hundred of them globally (my wish) are doing things to screw the flooders and/or KM and/or Josh or whoever it cannot be brought down. Open source or not.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
Re: That silly KM.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 08:48:49 am »
. Add that functionality to the caches. Also add the abilty to the peeps who run the caches to manually enter an ip or range to remove from the entire encrypted list.

Theres multiple caches, even if the caches update the blocklist off each other (last i was told they dont) you have oh 9 or 10 people all running a c program that is adding ips that get flagged every 60 seconds your gonna end up like bluetack using a blocklist a couple gigs big full of ips that have been reassigned, not only that but potentially reassigned to an innocent user
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 09:30:05 am »
There is a lot of confusion here as to what and what is not possible, the caches simply allow folks to connect and after that on the network your on your own, I have been hearing much talk from KM regarding his ignorance of whats on the blocklist and why, seems he comes back after running off and wants to settle old scores and feel like he is important again, hes a young man sitting behind a keyboard abusing knowledge that used to be used to do good , now he simply censors free speech, the thing he needs to remember is when you set yourself up as god you have a much longer way to fall.

I have made this suggestion a few times now but will do so again, It would be helpful for the short term if those running rooms could instead set up a medium sized collection of open nap servers this will at a stroke deprive the despot of his platform and influence as once your not using the primary wpn his actions will have no effect.

There are technical fixes that are possible however I,m not in a position to promise anything soon and thus my advice is as above till a fix is delivered, we can expect this terrorist style personage to disrupt deflect and generally scream to force you to watch his antics as when you are doing so your not fixing anything he can use against you, ignoring him will sting him and at that point it may be possible to alert the authorities to his increasingly criminal behaviour.

Let me make clear once more, there is no simple fix to this well known winmx protocol flaw it essentially renders the primary network useless for chat and search activities and thus is slowly but surely destroying the network for you all, I personally have spoken to KM and he seems to feel after his leet hacking days as part of a hacktivist group, winmx, a place he left 3 1/2 year ago needs his radical brand of "do as I say" bullying and censorship done as most dictators state "for your own good", he has not undertaken theses activities alone and so be alert to those who appear from nowhere claiming to support his activities, this is how such hacktivist groups infiltrate democratic areas to subvert them to their influence, don't be lied to or misled, trust your friends and be wary of those spreading hate and fear.

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 09:53:46 am »
Just posting this for anyone who needs it to find the chat rooms they want:

http://winmxunlimited.net/utilities/filteredlist.php

The software behind the list asks for a room list every 5 minutes, and filters the fake rooms from displaying on the above page.

About 650 real rooms on there.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 10:00:38 am »
Very decent of you.

At this time I,m seeing the rogue trafffic at a complete halt but lets work ahead on the assumption this attacker is simply trying to wrong foot us, folks still  need to find solutions to ensure his activites and those of future attackers are rendered null and void, having resigned before this winmx attacking activity came to town its not going to be me heading anything up but the word on the developers gravevine is that they are working on solutions for you all.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 10:37:03 pm »
Small update:
At this time king macro has censored and silenced over 60% of the primray network and all the secondaries connected to them, I think its clear this is an attempt to destroy WinMX and I hope those who continue to make excuses for his malicious attacks as some are doing are given short shrift, there are no excuses for losing the network over half its users, he has crossed over the line.

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 06:26:41 am »
well you can say that again. I get much better results by going on as a secondary.
I also wanted the sources for years. Now the moron has posted them for the entire planet to see.
I hope someone will modify them to remove the effects of that tard forever.
I always wanted source code, but I still dont have time myself to mess about with it. Real life job, mortgage, and all that in the way. It would be interesting to play with to me. Hopefully someone else has the time and desire to fix the thing and maybe optimize it all. If the dweeb happens to be eliminated, oh well.. He shouldnt have been so free with his information, which I personally just imo Josh gave him. Just sayin' in theory.  :baby:

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 07:20:08 pm »
I notice that the winmx abuser KM is back at work with his maliacious attacks and network abuse.

Its pretty clear he has continually broken the deal he made in front of hundreds of winmx users and his word is worthless, I expected this so theres no surprises there what I do find more concerning is how certain users Like Icedragon, Merlin, and KMs old crony NB (now calling himself "splintered") all sit about supporting his childish attacks and trying to justify his network abuse, lets all be honest here there is no reason to abuse the network and those who do so are the lowest of the low, just why anyone feels they are more important that all the rest of the userbase is beyond me but its clear at least to those with any doubts left that KM is abusing the network for malicious fun and not for any lofty moral reasons as his cronies try to mislead folks into believing, they are as bad as he is in my view.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 08:45:22 pm »
um.... whats he doing?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 12:33:21 am »
See for yourself, more childish activity that has a cost in lost users and the censorship and malicious bullying of users he is now famous for.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 02:24:09 am »
I recently tried running as a primary to help the network, but the connection to WPN would connect & disconnect over & over again. I'm having better luck with a secondary for now.   Is it possible for the attack on the network to cause this?
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 02:31:42 am »
Hmm... Primary connection is working again. I have lots of machines so I will leave one running on primary & see what happens.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 04:09:03 am »
Is it possible for the attack on the network to cause this?

the atom bomb attack he did before would but a single cloned room wouldnt....

btw, you need to set a different set of ports and forward each accordingly for each machine you have running winmx... and TBH its not really practical to run more than one copy anyway....

@GS the roomname for that hash atm is 'community patch help' ....  ... have you ever heard the phrase 'get someones goat'? or 'dont feed the trolls'? ....

you sure this one clone was really KM and not a dns glitch or other honest oops?

if nothing else your initial post was a bit confusing cos im watching out for an atom bomb but seeing nothing and ... 4+hrs later ... find out its an 'attack of the clone' ...

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 05:03:37 am »
Thanks for the reply Silver Stripes! Yes, I have each WinMX client set up on different TCP & UDP ports for each machine running on the network.  I had some trouble with port forwarding initially with the UTM i'm using, but I've learned enough about it now to overcome that hurdle. There was a whole lot more involved for port forwarding using the UTM than my old LynSys RVS 4000 security router. I had to create several rules, and their was several more steps involved for doing so than using any router i've ever used.  It's been a great learning experience for me, and its got me very interested in getting an additional degree in something like networking or something security related.  It would be nice to get paid for something I already enjoy doing for a change.  BTW... I disabled UPnP on WinMx, but it did not seem to make any difference.  WinMX's behavior seemed to remain the same. I was still having problems with my uploads, and downloads on that particular machine. Its working fine now though after learning how to configure the UTM.  Also, the reason i'm using more than 1 client is because I'm using one to download to my audio collection, another to my video collection, and another to etc.. I'm very meticulous about organization, and classification. It saves me time in sorting through them later.  It would also be impossible for me to share the number of files I have from one machine due to my method of storage i'm using. The only drawback of course is the limitation of bandwidth.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 05:28:45 am »
well... make sure to keep only one client on your network as primary.... the overhead of multiple primary connects would be a bit much...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 10:59:10 am »
If by feeding the trolls you mean exposing wrong doing and those who support it I,m sorry to say I will continue to point it out at every opportunity as its important to me that folks are not deceived by those who make allegations and then run away when the facts are presented and those who support that abuse of the network, I'm disappointed anyone stands up for these abusers, everytime affected users leave the network shrinks smaller and no one notices, do we say nothing to please a few idiots or do we stand firm and say wrongdoing is wrongdoing ?

I know where I stand.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 02:19:52 pm »
Sinple answer really. is to return his server back to the blocklist. He broke his word. we are not attacking him. we are minding our own business, trying our best to keep winmx open for all at no expense to anyone. And we get one weirdo who would rather do harm than help. Maybe a public call for blocking him could be brought up for this ever so required transparency that is needed he called for.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline RebelMX

• Core
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 03:49:41 pm »
Sorry but i disagree blocking him would solve the issue.  He's using cloned ip's and other work arounds (i won't go into details) to avoid his ip showing, surely that means blocking him is actually useless?  I agree it needs sorting, but can it really be sorted with the current client and blocklist setup, i'm not sure its possible.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 04:52:29 pm »
....i'm not sure its possible.

its not or an update to the list would have fixed things the first time around...

one cloned room vs an atom bomb... i did mention the phrase 'get your goat' as well GS... he got it cos you posted... ...you arent going to agree with that line of thinking, i know, but when the rusted playground equipment finally breaks ...what then?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 07:09:39 pm »
I,m confident we will have something in hand Stripes, re-inventing the wheel gets faster the more times you do it.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  That silly KM.

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx