gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 06:24:26 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  WMW Should Not Be Blocking Filesharers With the Blocklist
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WMW Should Not Be Blocking Filesharers With the Blocklist  (Read 9959 times)

Offline Knot4Prophet

• Forum Member
    • Knot4Prophet.com
Re: WMW Should Not Be Blocking Filesharers With the Blocklist
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 05:16:04 am »
He's in WMW help room right now, willing to talk.  He never said he wants anything posted here.  I did that of my own accord.
Knot4Prophet

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 05:28:06 am »
lotta helprooms... but im watching the one that worked...

'ask wmw' in the subject line of the fake rooms makes it seem it could be asked here as well as the helproom (if ppl can find the helproom)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 06:27:42 am »
and we have a moment of peace.... lets all play nice k?

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 06:39:53 am »
Oh bullshit.
KM wants Tor unblocked? KM is high on something stronger than MJ.
Helll I even have Tor blocked in my rooms. Tor is a pain in the ass. There is a reason some people like Tor, they have something to hide.
If KM wants Tor open let KM purchase thermonuclear weapons aand jets to deliver them. Otherwise KM can SMFC.
KM and/or Josh should not be dealt with at all. Negotiation? WTF? We've all seen how either one or the other act.
They will say one thing, then do another.
One knows programming, but is a power hungry moron who doesnt know what real power is, the other is a cut and paste programmer who is equaly deluded by his own imagined glory.
If winmx cannot survive without the 'talents' of those two people, god help us all.
Dont negotiate anything. Remove them by whatever means needed.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 06:59:43 am »
...is high on something stronger than MJ.

too early... uncool... 20yrs is the minimum for post-mortem jokes...

Tor was blocked due to earlier flooding.... there is however no real reason to block the onion (tor) network since winmx can be used with it for those of the 'want to share but scared of the **AA lawyers' variety....

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 09:26:14 am »
Since .0000000000000000001% of peeps on winmx employ tor, I hardly think its a great loss.
And have you ever used Tor on winmx? It will stay connected for at most a few seconds.
Very useful to quickly enter a room, post text over and over then drop out.
Useless for anything else but browsing Google.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 12:07:21 pm »
All IP's KM is demanding are removed are ones in place to stop him attacking either the chatroom or the network, perhaps he feels he needs to clean the list now he is no longer adding to it.

KM is fully aware that a team exists to find tracking and attacking IPs and that these are not open to negotiation.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 12:15:22 pm »
All IP's KM is demanding are removed are ones in place to stop him attacking either the chatroom or the network, perhaps he feels he needs to clean the list now he is no longer adding to it.

KM is fully aware that a team exists to find tracking and attacking IPs and that these are not open to negotiation.

no offence (seriously no offence is ment by this) but apparently even with those addresses blocked it didnt seem to do any good... the wpn was collapsing around the users ears.... more holes need to be plugged...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 12:25:28 pm »
You of all people are aware of the holes that exists and why we have fought tooth and nail to stop the publication of exploit material by this attacker, there are serious holes in the protocol that only a new primary protocol and implementation can address, simply willing others to "do something" wont make it happen.

I share your frustration Stripes, but I know the reality of the situation is that a fast fix is beyond the scope of our current capabilities and thus KM releasing exploit data was simply his method of ending whats been a good 5 1/2 year run for you all, a wife beater will often tell the victim they "forced em" to do it , no one has been forced to kill winmx, KM has spoken on msn many times and made no mention of his intention to attack, thus its clear to me at least that this is simply for attention, no good can come of building on sand and KM has ensured that by his irresponsible sharing of exploit data there are no solid foundation to prop the network up on, as if its not KM next week making childish demands it will be some other despot, and like the wife beater we all forced him to do this didnt we.

Offline Knot4Prophet

• Forum Member
    • Knot4Prophet.com
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011, 06:54:04 pm »
13:24:15 Observer i,m going to wait while the network dies 
13:24:27 Observer slowly but surely

There's Quicks' plan.
Knot4Prophet

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2011, 07:00:16 pm »
Its not quicks plan its whats going to happen when the winmx attacker your not mentioning has done his worst, you disappointed me Knot by attacking only those who have not abused your rights to free speech.

Offline Knot4Prophet

• Forum Member
    • Knot4Prophet.com
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2011, 10:28:49 pm »
Its not quicks plan its whats going to happen when the winmx attacker your not mentioning has done his worst, you disappointed me Knot by attacking only those who have not abused your rights to free speech.

I've attacked KM for his bullshit methods too.  And you disappoint me...

17:21:44 <Observer> wmw are not oppsed to anything you have asked in principal 

So really, all this wasting time while the network falters, is because he didn't kiss your ass and ask nicely?  Well to fucking bad.
Knot4Prophet

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Offline Knot4Prophet

• Forum Member
    • Knot4Prophet.com
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 11:15:17 pm »
17:44:16 <Observer> the tor ones are of no consequence atm they can be lost immediatly 
17:44:25 <Observer> they are temp blocks

18:11:25 Observer its being done 
18:11:34 Observer patience 
18:11:40 Observer tor and km

Ah, so you finally do what the WinMx community has been saying to do for days now.

Smfh.

Knot4Prophet

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2011, 11:43:06 pm »
Everything should go back to normal within the next few hours.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2011, 12:22:48 am »
I did noting except act as a front man for this group while toad was out of the way, an accord was reached and wmw will look to do what is best for the users regardless of how you personally edit the texts out of context.

WMW is more than me Knot accept that and move along,.

Offline Knot4Prophet

• Forum Member
    • Knot4Prophet.com
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 12:53:39 am »
Talking about editing texts out of context (which they weren't), how about emailing me them texts I posted here which were edited out of existence right off the forum?  You only promised me them 3+ months ago.

Lol.
Knot4Prophet

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2011, 03:47:24 am »
I believe I aslo told you the new client was a more pressing priority and you accepted that for the time being, time is still something we dont have to waste.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  WMW Should Not Be Blocking Filesharers With the Blocklist

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx