gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 08:01:51 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  WinMX Client  |  How to get the data from WinMX-ListViews?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How to get the data from WinMX-ListViews?  (Read 3795 times)

Michael

How to get the data from WinMX-ListViews?
« on: April 27, 2011, 04:19:57 pm »
Hi,

one or two years ago I tried to figure out how to read the data from
WinMX-ListViews. I spent several days on this, but could not get anything.

So I found two threads on the issue in this forum, but all contained only dead links.

Could someone give me hint how to read this data?  Is there any source available?

I would really appreciate it.

My aim is to build a small tool, that allows comparing the files in the
browse-list of a user to one's own shared files. Or at least allows searching the
browselists.

Thanks,

Michael

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Re: How to get the data from WinMX-ListViews?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 05:07:54 pm »
Hi Michael

I have found that these links might be some help to you:

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/Nushi/Miscellaneous/MXListHack.lzh

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/Nushi/Miscellaneous/MXHook34.lzh

People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 05:11:03 pm »
not sure i understand what you are after... are you trying to dump another users browse list to a text or other file?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 05:12:08 pm »
little late on the draw asking that i guess :P

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 06:34:00 pm »
As far as i know they aim to add that feature to the new client, but who knows at what stage in its development it will be added.  Anyways when it is implemented it should highlight files in your search results, and browsing results that you already have in your library so you don't waste time downloading duplicate files. This may not be anytime soon so if you can create such a tool then get her done Lol That would be a nice tool to have!
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Michael

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 12:35:33 pm »
Thank you for the answers!

tig, the tool you linked does exactly what I was searching for. The included sample compiles and seems to work. Thanks!

However, in order to compare one's own files to the files in the browse list of another user, it would be nice to get the file hashes. AFAICS these are not available from the WinMX client's browse lists. So, I had a look at the Shareguard source, as it was suggested in other threads, and tried to browse a user using WPNPClient.cpp by username, Node-IP-Hash and port. This worked for the users I tested.

Does someone know if this works for all users? Or are there any limitations related to different peer caches or similar stuff?

So, what I would try to do is using the MXHook to get the users who are joining my upload  queue, read the Username, NodeIP and Port from the original WinMX client, then use this information to browse the user using a second client based on Shareguard. Could this work? Or is there better way to do it?

I am asking, because it will take a lot time to build this tool due to my very limited C++ skills ;-)

It is good to know, that someone is working on a new client. I hope the client and the changes in protocol will be available before the majority of users are running on IPv6, only....

Again, thanks everyone for reading.

best regards,

Michael

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  WinMX Client  |  How to get the data from WinMX-ListViews?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 26 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx