gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 12:30:03 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Music Industry Seeking $75 Trillion Damage Compensation from Limewire
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Music Industry Seeking $75 Trillion Damage Compensation from Limewire  (Read 521 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
http://www.p2pon.com/

Once the equivalent of file-sharing, Limewire has come now to be identified with endless lawsuits and absurd monetary claims.

The corpus of 13 record companies currently suing the legendary p2p service have come up with an estimation of that in their opinion is the amount owed to them by Limewire – between $400 billion and $75 trillion – and no, it’s not a typing mistake! My brain kind of refuses to even grasp the idea of such amount of money. For me it’s like saying – “you owe us the planet itself!”

Fortunately enough, the judge in charge with the case, Judge Kimba Wood is still able to think with the realm reason(able) and plain common sense. She called the claim simply “absurd”.

“As defendants note, plaintiffs are suggesting an award that is ‘more money than the entire music recording industry has made since Edison’s invention of the phonograph in 1877′,” she wrote.

If you wonder how the record companies made that estimation, well, apparently, they claim, every time a song was made available through Limewire and re-shared afterwards, the file-sharing service should pay a certain fee.

However, given the ridiculous claims, Judge Wood has now concluded that Limewire can only be fined a single statutory fee per work infringed.

I think that's called creative accounting. The amazing thing is that the cartels expect judges to accept it as a credible claim.   8)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Music Industry Seeking $75 Trillion Damage Compensation from Limewire

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx