gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 06:12:59 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Chat Room Listing Flooding
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chat Room Listing Flooding  (Read 10705 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Chat Room Listing Flooding
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 06:09:29 pm »
If wmw and myself took your attitude and did nothing at every attack/closure/disaster do you think the network would still have any users at this point ?

What I see is that you want us to be attacked abused and bullied and stay silent, I for one will never be silent or scared of network abusers, the only folks I will bend my knee to are those who are honest genuine and caring about the WPN and blaming me or anyone here for KMs actions is as silly as me blaming them on you.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 06:19:06 pm »
Well Ghost then so be it, be prepared to get these kindof troubles over and over again besuase you simply trigger them. I can't imagine the new client is going to be without any softspots so be aware your enemies will always try to find and exploit them (if your attitude will never change)

and for sure you can t say I'm not being open and honest, maybe you should put a little blanket on the floor (just in case) That last bit was a joke  :yes:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 06:23:33 pm »
I find nothing funny when people blame me for KMs attacks, your failure to recognise thats what you have done simply makes me respect your opinion less.

As for my attitude I dont remember coming to your site to make claims about you, how about you treat me as I treat you in future.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 06:51:57 pm »
Respect is something people have to earn ghost without force

And I can only keep saying I blame BOTH parties for childish behaviour with innocent users inbetween, the only power they have is leave the batle field
but i'm wasting my time here, we 've had this discussion before and nothing will change (I actually knew that before I opened my mouth in this discussion)

Greetings,
..Joshua203
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 07:01:20 pm »
I dont see how reporting to the users of winmx that some idiotic character is attacking the network should cause anyone a loss of respect perhaps this is a cultural thing, I dont like bullies and maybe your culture is more able to deal with that silently.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 07:22:46 pm »
yes in my country we try be behave as social as possible absolutely!

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 08:08:52 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_assured_destruction

the new client will be an arms race... how that will go i can only imagine...

to call it 'bullying' with the current is a bit of a misnomer as there is no 'higher up' (such as a teacher in school or in this case frontcode) to 'tattle' to - to get things 'fixed' ...

many also see wmw as the holder of all the cards (a mix of running the blocklist and many personality and viewpoint clashes) ... hence the 'your network' claims....

and the guy in the middle is thinking 'wtf is wrong with these ppl' and/or 'just fix it!' ..... and without frontcode... the anger and frustration get aimed here...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 08:48:34 pm »
I can see you know the issue exactly Stripes, I know ppl come here as a first port of call and its as frustrating to me as it is to them to not be able to deliver a quick fix that sees us all able to continue on our merry ways completely oblivious to any of the other users, I truly do understand all that and having the hopes and wishes of so many riding on what wmw can or cannot pull out of the hat is no light responsibility and I wont pretend it ever was, that's part of the reason I handed the torch over as my physical health is not as good as it could be.

Now all that aside I know I have made no attacks against the users and the users know this so I,m no longer prepared to let folks throw insults and make snide remarks when I know I have busted my n*ts to do the best for them for many years even if they know nothing of what goes on behind the scenes here I may have gotten angry at certain winmx attackers but those attackers used to be friends and that makes it all the more pathetic, we all know its a waste of time to fight 24/7 but when there are so few prepared to stand united and speak up against abuse I for one feel there is no choice but to take up the role as someone you all know and whom I hope trust has the communities best interest at heart, maybe my method does suck but doing nothing in my opinion sucks more as to allow lies and unfounded allegations to go unchallenged that kind of adds validity to them in many folks minds, if either of you can show me a third way then I will give it a whirl but doing nothing is not a viable option.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 10:27:57 pm »
Is Joshua suggesting that we employ Passive Defence attitudes?

There is merit in defending the network without actually firing back, the attacker gets tired of not getting any return fire and simply goes away...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 10:49:54 pm »
No one has "fired back" and we seem to be overlooking the scale of damage that has been caused and driven many users off the network already, good folks have left and a small  percentage are lost to the network forever, this is the payload we should ignore ?

I cant be silent when so many are threatened with disconnection and loss of their friends by one master censor, King Michael needs to remember he abdicated some years ago leaving many users left stranded and the network 40,000 users down, at that time democracy took over, democracy will outlive his criminal aspirations and many folks will find a new backbone when they see not all will dance to this attackers tune.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 08:52:42 am »
Today many rooms are seeing the idiot attackers at work, from what can be seen the chat list is being flooded with fake node listings in small chunks this is usually done to get some rooom either made invisible or to ensure a different room name comes up in the lising first thus its possible to tie this attack back to KM and NB  as they seem to be the only folks running fake rooms atm that would want to be in the list rather than the genuine room.

Its a shame Both of these characters cant get over the themselves, NB is usually found hiding under a tor proxy and seems to spend most of his time running back to tell distorted tales of what goes on in the wmw chatroom to KM who then feels he is justified in abusing the whole network, I dont feel anyone is justified and call upon both of these characters to cease their actions, they have been away 3 years and seem upset winmx was running fine without them, can I suggest they either get lost again or stop acting like children and take part in the community properly, these are both men now no longer boys and with maturity better behaviour is expected from them both.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2011, 04:19:30 am »
ARE they men? They may have grown older, but more mature?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Chat Room Listing Flooding

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx