gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 10:42:42 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  Users "Browse" list to text file?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Users "Browse" list to text file?  (Read 6868 times)

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
Users "Browse" list to text file?
« on: May 17, 2011, 06:33:33 am »
Is there a tool that can copy a person's Browse window file list?

A friend presented me with this question about an hour ago, and I am shocked I never considered this myself. He is much more of a hunter than I am. I know what I want, search, hopefully find, and end up happy. He isn't entirely sure what he may want. He reinstalled WinMX yesterday (after, I think, three years away), and now he is on the warpath! :D  He ran across a Primary and was overwhelmed by the file list, particularly since that person mixes the ways he sorts files  (which I'm sure we have all seen):

1) My Music\Artist Name\Album\## - Title
2) My Music\Artist Name\Title
3) My Music\Artist - ## - Title
4) My Music\## - Title - Artist
5) My Music\Title - Artist

His actual comment was "I really wish CTRL+F worked in these lists!" and my reply was that I would be fine with the ability to CTRL+C copy the list, paste it to a text file and look through it that way.

So, now that it has crossed my mind, I won't be able to get it out until I have an answer. I need my sleep! :baby:
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Users "Browse" list to text file?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 07:53:35 am »
shareguard? a chatclient with browse? ..... good question...

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 08:23:38 am »
The only thing i'm aware of that can do this is Utatane, which only works on opennap unfortunately

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 02:42:21 am »
Thanks for the thoughts.

I told my friend about the lack of response (ie: no solutions) and his reaction was, "Really? That is something I would have suspected EVERYONE would have wanted."  And I can agree with that.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 03:05:43 am »
It would be a nice addition to the new client, but they need to complete a new client that replicates what we already have before they venture into adding other useful features. If we could only find more talented coders to contribute to the project then a lot more would be possible, and in a much shorter time.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 04:44:10 am »
robomx can browse... and i know there are chatbots not based on shareguard or similar software that can keep a database of the files users have in the room..... so i bet a metis script could do this....

Offline RebelMX

• Core
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 09:34:10 am »
Yes this could be done with metis, however a modified shareguard, wcb or even rswcs plugin could do the same.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 11:27:16 am »
well IMHO it would be a nice tool for collecting "evidence" against a user too, so I would be carefull what you wish for ;)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 11:57:30 am »
the cartel just uses a screenshot of 'browse' for that..... (not kidding...)

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 04:05:58 am »
well IMHO it would be a nice tool for collecting "evidence" against a user too, so I would be careful what you wish for ;)
I could also let the person's list load, select the whole list, set to download the whole list, cancel the whole list just after (not trying to download just yet), and I would then have all file names with hashes available to sift through. I could even go further to write something that would compile the names of the files on my system as a database or text file with the hash removed and the last characters of the hash converted to the file size. All that would be missing is the length and bitrate of any music files within the list.

I wouldn't put such effort past the RIAA, but for a person like me, that's a lot of extra work! A script or plugin would be nicer.  :yes:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  Users "Browse" list to text file?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 28 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx