gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 08:25:02 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Musicians Thankful to File-Sharing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Musicians Thankful to File-Sharing  (Read 628 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Musicians Thankful to File-Sharing
« on: April 18, 2011, 04:20:08 am »
http://www.p2pon.com/

It’s becoming quite obvious that most young artists not only do not oppose file-sharing but hold it as a valuable way of exposing their art to the wide public.

Robin Pecknold, frontman of the folk band Fleet Foxes recently expressed his favorable views with regard to the phenomenon of file-sharing. In a interview with Sunday Times the singer said that music “has no inherent value” pointing out that without people illegally downloading their music the band would not have become so successful in such a short time. Fleet Foxes’s 2008 eponymous debut album owes much to file-sharing for the exposure it got, Pecknold believes. In a previous BBC interview he said that thanks to illegal downloading today’s musicians can discover so much more music than the generations before them.

“That will only make music richer as a platform,” he said. “That [downloading] was how I discovered almost everything when I was a teenager – my dad brought home a modem.”

On May 3 the band will release their next album titled ‘Helplessness Blues’ and will continue to have a supportive attitude towards file-sharing.

“How much money does one person need before it’s just a number and I can buy whatever I want – and just be like a big baby?” added Pecknold.

“How much money does one person need before it’s just a number and I can buy whatever I want – and just be like a big baby?”

Some of the major artists need to take note of that quote.  :gum:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Musicians Thankful to File-Sharing

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx