gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 01:46:41 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Fake or not? Not sure
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fake or not? Not sure  (Read 70357 times)

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
Fake or not? Not sure
« on: May 08, 2011, 07:51:21 pm »
Hey all, just in the last 24 hours when I do a search on winmx. Either video or mp3, for a certain artist this kindof stuff pops up and I don't get what I want. Is this spam, fake or what? How do I resolve this so I can go back to my original downloadings and searchings.   I'll type in the artist say John Schneider (for mp3) and a ton of symbols pop up next to a name and artist of a song not even related to my search!! Over a 1000 of these. Same goes for the video of whatever I'm searching for. Nothing's changed on my system. Used winmx fine the other day. This all started yesterday.  People have to no trouble connecting and downloading from me though. I just hate that I can't search for anything. What's going on here? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. :crazy: :suspious: :/

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Re: Fake or not? Not sure
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 07:58:29 pm »
Let me check it out. Thanks for posting
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 08:54:43 pm »
ive been seeing this too... looks like random japanese files being returned for any search...

Offline nanteen

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 09:43:55 pm »
yep thanks for checking

Offline jimr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 09:48:01 pm »

Offline nanteen

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 09:51:30 pm »
actually what it seems like to me is that the "search" functions filter selection seems to be off.

So if you search for say Video instead of looking for what you wrote in, its like it is showing you EVERY video on winmx.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 10:11:53 pm »
channel list doesnt work, string search doesnt work, hash search doesnt work..... mx is pretty fscked up right now....

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 10:34:18 pm »
Whew!!!   :o  Thanks goodness it's not just me!! Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Offline jimr

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 10:40:32 pm »
Maybe it's EVERYONE. No one dl'ing from me now. Could some hacker have done something?

Offline saturnx311

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 10:52:05 pm »
Ha, thought it was just me too. I don't have a queue, just 1 or 2 ULs...

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 11:06:57 pm »
I can confirm this is an attack on the network, as with the channelist only certain countermeasures exist and we are not able to deploy any such at this time, this is a historic "low" day for WinMX in that we have amongst our own ranks a few desperados and their supporters willing to attempt to destroy the network for little more than entertainment and the settling of pathetic "scores"

I ask you all to once again aid us in locating further coding/coder resources for the community, united we stand and from apathy we will most surely fall, so all hands to the pumps folks,  never forget others are counting on you as you count on them to hold firm.

I hope these cowardly attackers are thoroughly ashamed of themselves and their actions against all WinMX users, I'm of the mind that their abuses will most definitely come back to haunt them in the future as futher resources are gathered to unmask those who have not already admitted their guilt in these last few months of attacks.

PS: Remember that you can browse users in the chat rooms to locate files and negate some of this attackers effort

Offline synesthetize

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 11:26:37 pm »
The amount of files returned in a single search and the fast they're showing reminds me the true potential of the WinMX search engine.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 11:46:42 pm »
individual browses and transfers work fine

Channel list is slow, but seems ok too
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 11:48:59 pm »
The amount of files returned in a single search and the fast they're showing reminds me the true potential of the WinMX search engine.

Your preaching to the choir Synesthetize  :-D 

We all know how good MX is at doing its thing  8)

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 12:18:04 am »
Hope someone can figure out how to fix it soon. Doesn't seem fair since people can download from me. I even thought the chat was affected, it took so long to come up and then not a lot like usual.  Thanks.

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 12:39:34 am »
On another note. I'm not going to use winmx until  if and when they can resolve this issue. Since people started downloading from me like crazy as soon as it started. So I'm assuming it's whoever hacked (loosely used here) in to the system. So I don't want  them in mine in anyway. Please, please let me know, when it's resolved, if that's possible.  I love this program and have been using it since at least the late 1990's early 2000's.  Thanks again everyone. 

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 12:47:11 am »
This isnt a system in the way you think for folks to "hack into you" from,  this is a decentralised network and some yoyos are abusing the network message system to abuse other users thats all there is to it, if folks are sharing with you they will be in 99% of cases genuine users.

WinMX is a powerful and strong p2p client but its simply showing its age a tad, however the worst that can happen is the program will crash.

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 12:54:55 am »
I feel as though if the users leave, you are proving the attackers right, and they are just going to continue. If they see that nobody cares the attacks are happening, maybe they will stop.

Just a theory.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 01:01:40 am »
showing its age a tad

...a tad? the thing is ancient....

and from a secondary-only user (dial) this style of attack makes mx completely useless... a secondary has to rely entirely on a (only one) primary (who may not have that great of a setup) to use the wpn...

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 04:47:22 am »
Man.. i'm out of town at the moment so I will have to wait until i get back tomorrow to see if these attacks have affected me!
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Fake or not? Not sure

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx