gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 01, 2024, 12:39:29 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Fake or not? Not sure
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fake or not? Not sure  (Read 71258 times)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Fake or not? Not sure
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2011, 01:45:34 am »
you keep saying km is a 'criminal' on a network full of users that have downloaded things like 'lady gaga'.... ....im not sure i follow your logic....

...are mediadefender criminals? fake files would be considered a denial of service attack after all...

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #181 on: August 08, 2011, 01:56:43 am »
Is there some reason your misleading the users here ?

You are fully aware KM admitted to the attacks and you should be aware that those who create DDOS attacks are breaking both US and UK laws and are therefore by definition criminals, are you some kind of one man KM fan club now Stripes ?

I'm suprised you are going to such lengths to defend such abusers, it reflects badly on you to do so.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #182 on: August 08, 2011, 02:21:44 am »
im not misleading anyone... illegal is illegal.... km is just causing the most of it atm....

but posting names on public forums instead of turning them into the cops is... odd... if you know his real name and physical addy then send it in to the right folks... not play 'eye for an eye' on a forum...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #183 on: August 08, 2011, 02:38:55 am »
For your information this is not the first time I have named KM and it wont be the last, I have a moral duty to tell folks the honest truth and I have done so, if your suggesting I lie to people who ask who is attacking when I'm certain of who it is then your talking to the wrong man.

I'm not suprised you refuse to do anything to help defend network but have the nerve to demand I do, I'm aware of too many folks who do that and its tiring.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2011, 04:33:20 am »
I do remember someone posting Ghostship's name here a while back. I don't know if that was his real name or not, but that person claimed it was.  They also claimed GS was guilty of all kinds of horrible things.  Who was it that posted that info here at the forum?  Though I must say names should have never been posted in this forum to begin with.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2011, 05:04:19 am »
@GS tell ppl (and search engines) on a public forum a moniker/nickname sure.... tell the cops (you know... the ppl that can actually do something) the real name...

refuse to do anything? wtf do you want me to do? tell the fbi/whoever that a program considered from a security standpoint to be 'end of life' and the company that made it was ordered from a legal standpoint to shut down or face a suit in the US supreme court (thats the federal one not a state one) is being attacked?

what the hell leg do you want me to stand on for that?

@achilles; his (ghostships) first name is peter his last is unknown.... supposedly km posted it somewhere but i know not where or if he even did....

« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2011, 05:18:08 am »
Guys please move this back to being a productive discussion or I'll have to lock the thread.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2011, 03:12:14 pm »
I'm not suprised you refuse to do anything to help defend [the] network but have the nerve to demand I do...

A remarkable and truthful observation, I thought that I had been the only one to notice...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline PatrickShartz

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2011, 04:20:14 pm »
What exactly do you do around here Bluey? Looking at your post history you make nothing but snarky remarks and do not bring anything to table to "help the network".

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2011, 05:21:57 pm »
What exactly do you do around here Bluey? Looking at your post history you make nothing but snarky remarks and do not bring anything to table to "help the network".

thats what id like to know too....

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2011, 06:11:13 pm »
Amazing! I just queried a search on Axxo, and I got back 1,190 valid results. The network is actually doing much better than when I tested it 2 months ago. The attacks have ceased for the moment.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #191 on: August 08, 2011, 06:27:41 pm »
good that its working... beware the axxo tag tho... axxo himself is long gone and others make use of the name...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #192 on: August 08, 2011, 09:13:26 pm »

Did you ever hear about the Highway Patrol cop who said 'Oh, no, I don't use the roads network because it's stuffed and too old and narrow, too many crazy users'

If you USED WinMX you would know...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2011, 10:19:28 pm »
Bluey, Patrick, Silver, if you can't add anything constructive please don't add anything at all.

Offline selfactivated

• Forum Member
« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2011, 10:21:07 am »
Im afraid the problem still exists. Is there going to be a fix or do I need to d/l another prog? If so which do you suggest?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2011, 10:30:36 am »
Work is still continuining on a fix, our advice is to use the open nap functionality of the winmx client until the main problem is resolved.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/opennap.html

Offline Jim Douglas Jr

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on: August 26, 2011, 01:41:43 am »
This is sad.
I'm afraid unless someone can make it work the way it used to, it'll die on the vine.  I'm sure thousands of less-savvy users have already given up. I'm getting results on the open nap, but nothing obscure. it's all popular files lots of people have.
I'm still hanging on, but I'm afraid that as we lose users, we'll lose variety, and the less variety, the less interested people will be.

Maybe people have moved on elsewhere, or are resolved to paying 99 cents for files from iTunes.  While I'm not a complete novice, I'm not all that up to date on the latest stuff, never had a smart phone, etc... Never even had an .mp3 player other than the computer, but I miss being able to find an obscure remix that's no longer available or never was commercially.

Seems life is for the wealthy.  I can't complain about my standard of living, being in the USA, but I love dance music and I simply can't keep up without my trusty WinMX.

Offline Jim Douglas Jr

• Forum Member
« Reply #197 on: August 26, 2011, 01:55:56 am »
It makes me smile when I see someone downloaded something from me, though (two different computers running 24/7). I guess we're not done yet.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #198 on: August 26, 2011, 01:59:45 am »
Hold firm Jim, the calvary may always be a little late but they always turn up  :)

Offline Jim Douglas Jr

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on: August 26, 2011, 02:07:48 am »
Just in case anyone is looking. I'm using the open nap and did a search for "brady sunshine" (to find: Brady Bunch - It's a Sunshine Day) both top and bottom box separately, still got either nothing or a page of crap. Figured it would be an obscure file, but not impossible.

It's too bad we don't know someone who can rebuild WinMX immune to this. I'm no programmer. I can do some HTML, but that's about it.

Why would someone even sabotage it?  Do people really have no life and sit in front of their monitors day in and day out looking for ways to screw things up?

Oh well. I'll keep using and check back here soon.  Take care, everyone.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Fake or not? Not sure

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.006 seconds with 17 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx