gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 01:08:36 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Fake or not? Not sure
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fake or not? Not sure  (Read 71022 times)

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
Re: Fake or not? Not sure
« Reply #220 on: October 24, 2011, 07:58:32 pm »
Do you mean to tell us that "they" were gone between your last report and this one preston?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Preston

• Forum Member
« Reply #221 on: October 24, 2011, 09:43:44 pm »
it worked for a few hours, was able to get a few mp3s

Offline wavoka

• Forum Member
« Reply #222 on: October 27, 2011, 03:29:52 am »
This morning searches were full of crap after a long period of working okay. Tonight for hours absolutely nothing showed up. ZERO search results. Even when I just typed in "the" as searcgh criteria. Are threy trying to kill search completely on the network? Just started getting a lot of crap again. Preferable to seeing nothing.

« Reply #223 on: October 27, 2011, 04:25:22 am »
just out of my own curiosity, when you're getting zero search results, is this on a primary or secondary connection?

Offline wavoka

• Forum Member
« Reply #224 on: October 27, 2011, 11:20:58 am »
It has tpo be someone who has found a way to misdirect searches. So,metimes it looks like alist of files from s real user because it will return results that contain good file names. Last week at this time it was cooking along and ceues were like old times. Even the search worked. Then the cueues started dropping off to 12 then to 1 and then to just those d/ling. And d/ls dropped to below 6. I figure a lot of users have stopped using the network. That would explain why nmothing worthwhile is showing up in the searches.

Offline wavoka

• Forum Member
« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2011, 11:23:51 am »
I'm getting zero resultys on primary. Most of the time. Other times about four screens of crap shows up before I can hit stop and right after. Then it stops.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #226 on: October 27, 2011, 01:13:26 pm »
LOL ...first ban ...then split  :yes: Tig  ;)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #227 on: October 27, 2011, 03:18:02 pm »
nope @ Joshua:

report to stopforumspam, delete account and posts - we don't want that kind of rubbish here :)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #228 on: October 27, 2011, 03:49:53 pm »
Well a ban would have stopped "the freak" from re-posting twice, but I don't know who's allowed to do what here, I only noticed he didn't leave the board and was able to repost ;)

EDIT: btw ...feel free to delete these worthless and  (now) offtopic comments if you like

Offline wavoka

• Forum Member
« Reply #229 on: November 01, 2011, 04:41:02 am »
It was really cooking tonight. 94 in queu. Search was working. A couple of hours ago the searches started to go blank and the queu count has dropped to half. Primary connection, Windows XP.  I use searches that generally return large numbers of hits to test. Even using just "The" earns zero returns even in any file/any bitrate.

Here's hoping whoever is responsible for this crap has a massive computer failure.

« Reply #230 on: November 01, 2011, 05:23:40 am »
While these attacks are underway, there is a lot of bogus/malicious traffic going across the network.
Zero search results I would think is the result of real traffic being lost in the bad.

Offline wavoka

• Forum Member
« Reply #231 on: November 01, 2011, 11:35:06 am »
While these attacks are underway, there is a lot of bogus/malicious traffic going across the network.
Zero search results I would think is the result of real traffic being lost in the bad.

I hope so. I hope the attackers aren't shutting the search down. Quey was up over 90 and d/ls cooking.  Now under 25. I noticed a few new people joining up from last night. I really do not like open nap as much. Some get waty too chatty and want to hold long exchanges over hotlist. Usually when I'm trying to do something else. But if open nap is the only part of the network that's un affected....

Offline wavoka

• Forum Member
« Reply #232 on: November 01, 2011, 05:34:49 pm »
The entire queu disappeared suddenly like someonre three a switch. All d/ls and u/ls stopped stopped. D/lers also are gone. Search is working though.   But what good is it if you can't pload or download?

Offline wavoka

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on: November 01, 2011, 05:58:51 pm »
Well that turned ot to be on my end. All my WinMX files are on an external drive. It got unplugged by one of my cats.

« Reply #234 on: November 01, 2011, 09:22:51 pm »
rofl, i think we've all had something similar, cats, kids, spouse

Offline wavoka

• Forum Member
« Reply #235 on: November 02, 2011, 01:09:29 am »
However, I fixed that problem 7 hours ago. Usually by now I have at least 30 in queu. It's been sitting on 5 for over 4 hours. Search is garbage free.

Offline Jim Douglas Jr

• Forum Member
« Reply #236 on: November 29, 2011, 02:34:46 am »
It's too bad. We seem to have lost people putting new music on. The movie folks seem to be hanging in there, but search for the remixes of anything new, even when it's behaving, and there's just nothing.
In other words, we're losing users.

Offline lxman1

• Forum Member
« Reply #237 on: November 30, 2011, 10:22:13 pm »
I sure miss being able to look stuff up.  Every once in awhile the search works, but not very often.  Been a user for many years. I guess nothing can be done to stop the hacking. I'm sure that many users have moved on to other sites. I'm gonna stick it out and keep trying and when I can search without getting spammed, I will try to look up as much as I can at that time. There are small windows of function, you just have to be lucky enough to catch them open :D

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #238 on: December 01, 2011, 01:01:49 am »
We are losing users but as always a central hardcore of users exist who will not leave the network while its possible to communicate and share files with their friends, only a complete cretin would believe folks can be parted so easily once the bonds of real friendship are made.

As always the current advice is to glue yourself to a chat room or take up a holding position on open nap till the technical folks have a solution, no one has or will give up working on a viable solution and those that remain standing firm with the community will be the first to enjoy it when it is delivered.

Never surrender  :-D

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #239 on: December 01, 2011, 01:08:18 am »
@jim; connect to the 'openworld' and 'napster friends' nap server if you are looking for remixes etc... ...mixes are still on mx.... just harder to get to...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Fake or not? Not sure

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx