gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 18, 2024, 12:19:44 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WCS  (Read 57878 times)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: WCS
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2007, 05:34:40 pm »
LMAO :lol:

I second that

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

KM

« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2007, 09:40:56 pm »
and i'd still hide you, because i'd still have both accesses... lol

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #182 on: April 23, 2007, 04:44:41 am »
Then in your next release, make an access level, such that if given to a user, will make him "unhidable"

And then give me access to it :lol:

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2007, 02:39:22 pm »
i have to admit, the power of hide in the hands of a youngen is sort of bloody annoying (KM yes thats you)

So has this topic now moved onto give us hide command in winmxworld please or stop being a git lol.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline James420

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2007, 03:52:43 pm »
Lol, yeah I believe a protection level would be nice. Some people are getting a little crazy with the hide, why I only give it to a few in my room.

Micromecca

« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2007, 04:30:44 am »
Absolutely over the moon to see unlimited text formats and the abilty to block colour nicks in WCS !!!!
So set about converting our rather tired FX config, easy peasy lemon squeezy, then total shock horror..........
bot cant see logins  :o (which is an absolute must for me)
have I missed something or is this just not possible?
if its the latter could you please add a level for this K (along with the long line of stuff I gave you the other day )  :lol:
* I¥Iî¢rôI¥Iꢢâ crosses fingers

:D

Micromecca

« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2007, 07:26:38 am »
* I¥Iî¢rôI¥Iꢢâ finds something else

Error: Notice too long... eeeeek  :shock:

also could we have the ability to use #NEWLINE# in /notice

:)

Micromecca

« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2007, 08:19:38 am »
colours in /opmsg ?
* I¥Iî¢rôI¥Iꢢâ runs off and hides

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2007, 10:26:42 am »
Colours in opmsg was disscussed before and thedebate ended in, how the hell would you tell the diffrence between normal text and opmsg text, so we all sort of come to the decisson that it shouldnt happen, seeing logins would be good for the @

Micromecca

« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2007, 11:03:37 am »
if you can't tell the difference tiny, simpy don't use them in ops?

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2007, 11:55:35 am »
Well it wont be the first time KM has just popped something out of knowhere so idl eave it to see what he says. But like i say i would like  * access and maybe a new letter added to see the logins. or at least see a login no higher than their login but that seems like a hell of alot of coding and pain in the arse to do but anyway, another add on lol.

Micromecca

« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2007, 12:08:22 pm »
fingers crossed  :D

KM

« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2007, 12:23:09 pm »
not sure why the /notice text limit was 200, but that will be increased

just use multiple notices for multiple lines...

opmsg is very convenient not doing colours, plus of course it would be hard to tell it was an opmsg if it merely showed the same as normal messages just with full ID and different colour <> around the name (use a text format of #c8<$RAWNAME$#c8#>#c1# $TEXT$ to see what the opmessages would look like coloured... hard to tell apart from normal text... especially if a room already uses full ID as some do, or if you use red <> around admins text as many do)

as for being able to see the /login... i originally discounted that under the same security thing that i used to discount commands such as privnotice, which of course i have no decided to change and put stuff like that in... however i am not sure how it would best be done, best way seems to be to require * access, but anyone have better suggestions?

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2007, 12:31:50 pm »
Yup * access is the one i would go for, i really cant see a reason why you would need to give it to anyone else, as a letter could get cockd up in a login but then at the end of the day. if you recoded the bot it could do it also.

I dont know if the "Tiny has logged in!" Bit is viewable to all or just as a opmsg for the opertaors. If its a view for all you could have the bot set up to read
<in>%PARAM% has logged in!</in>
<out>Guess what the bot seen %PARAM% log in as well</out>

I dont know what is is that you are trying to do but im sure that would work.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2007, 12:33:41 pm »
Well should work if the bot considers the room to be a user, i know it cant read certain stuff in opmsg like the stats but yes should work, anyway will try that out tonight if i get time when i finish work

KM

« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2007, 12:42:34 pm »
login announcements go to the entire room

which is why i'm assuming it's for something other than that... as for what though, pass? possibly announcing when people fail to log in? who knows... i can't think of any reason for a bot to see it, perhaps for admins to see purely for information purposes but no reason for bots...

Micromecca

« Reply #196 on: April 25, 2007, 01:48:27 pm »
The reason for wanting #NEWLINE# in /notice is for people who use things like southern lights, where everything needs to be output at once but in a /notice , theres also less change of the notice being broken or interrupted by another users txt  :wink:

The coloured ops are handy for outputting txt files back to the room in ops, where there are many fields, they are much easier to distinguish that way, would it be possible to add it and then and then give the option to disable/enable it in the config?

Finally, lol, maybe the best way to do the level to see logins would be with a completely new access level even above *  similar to Fx Co-Host Level where all server msgs are output to the screen ?

:D

Micromecca

« Reply #197 on: April 25, 2007, 01:51:00 pm »
The reason for wanting the bot see the logins, is that we use a script that compares different passwords against usergroups to ensure that someones not using a pass they shouldnt  :)

Offline James420

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on: April 25, 2007, 02:39:36 pm »
Very true, it has trouble reading the stats of the room and user. I've been trying to talk KM into modifying the stats for the room and user like he did for the /who command while in bot mode. So all bots would have no trouble reading it any more. As for the bot seeing logins, yeah you can have it look for the announce message and go from there. But since it is an "announce" message, that means it's public to the room. I don't believe you can have the announce message in opmsg, or a private notice. But if so, that would prove a little more useful. Yet you still can't see if someone tried the wrong login and failed. As for seeing logins, I think the * should work just fine. If someone can trust a users with the *, then they can trust them with seeing logins.

Offline James420

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2007, 02:43:49 pm »
Oh yeah, colors in opmsg is a very bad idea. That's one of the main reasons why I can't stand FXS (along with many others of course). When I have someone that wants to say give me a format, I simply ask them to post it in opmsg. Sure I could ask them to PM it or w/e, but opmsg is so much easier. It's nitce to have a type of message that leaves the color codes in it, yet doesn't make them active.

Btw, the new feature you added BlockColorNames=1 or w/e, I know it keeps the color codes from displaying as colors. But shouldn't it remove the color codes as well? Make things a little less messy. Also, any chance of having that kind of setting as a per-user access?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx