gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 18, 2024, 02:27:22 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WCS  (Read 57880 times)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Re: WCS
« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2007, 08:01:08 am »
i just had one hell of a long read trying to figure out what new shite can be put in config, what new commands are & aren't available etc.

there may be "various reasons" for not including an example config with betas.. but it makes it slightly tough for someone to track down if the beta meets his requirements or not, when currently the stable release doesn't & he's coming from a different chatserver..   download beta & stable release.. look at example config from stable release, read this thread in it's entirety.. while also looking at that example...

frankly it's about put me off the idea of testing.. i think hexing up the latest ouka will be easier than figuring out the darn config i'd want for wcs..
* Bearded Blunder might wait for the stable release.. or forever

i'd post the results of that feature hunt.. but it's going to take a long time to get them into a comprehensible format even for myself.. most other beta series i've looked at come with a changelog.. detailing diffences between versions.. it at least puts the information into one file
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

KM

« Reply #221 on: May 12, 2007, 12:53:42 pm »
there's a simple reason for no config file for the betas, too much hassle to keep updating it for each one... you'll also notice that the main config file didn't get updated straight away with everything as it was added... lol

however some of the features on the to-do list for WCS might have to go in a version 2.0, so i might finish these betas and go for a version 2.0 - although i'm not sure if i should do a 1.8 final first or just skip straight on to 2.0 beta...

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #222 on: May 12, 2007, 06:43:58 pm »
I've been trying to find information about new features as well in here so I made a new thread where only the changes can go to create our own "changelog".
It's here: https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=4757.0.html

In the future we can put the announcement for a new version on here and the actual changes in that thread.
It will be locked to keep it nice and tidy so we can find things - all discussion can go here :-)

Hope this helps a bit...
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #223 on: May 12, 2007, 08:09:31 pm »
ty nylly, makes it easier for me to see what's going on anyway

Offline James420

• Forum Member
« Reply #224 on: May 12, 2007, 09:39:36 pm »
You should seriously release a 1.8 final before you start on a 2.0 version, no telling how many more betas there will be for a 2.0, not to mention you seem to have a lot of projects going anyways. So makes sense to give them a 1.8 while you can work on 2.0. :P

Offline Victim

• Forum Member
    • Winmx 4 Eva
« Reply #225 on: May 13, 2007, 03:18:05 am »
Great. Thanks for this. Now i know whats gunna be happening.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on: May 13, 2007, 03:27:07 am »
I agree I think once stable a 1.8 release would be a good idea, you've added a lot of useful things here

Speaking of "useful things" here's one for the to-do list possibly?  How about a new command?  Either:

Code: [Select]
/demo <message>or
/example <message>
Which would pass the message to screen "as typed", bypassing colour (codes remain visible) & any text modifications that would otherwise be made by Replace=  or Block statements.

This could be very useful in the help room & also many other rooms when explaining to users how to use colour in their names or messages & at other times... such as admins posting hotmal/web addresses which otherwise would be messed up by Replace=

(Yes I know there's a workaround, but it can be complex & confusing to use if what you want to post contains multiple colour codes, & it interferes with the output if the user happens to be on Nushi or 3.31 with BendMX [not sure with plain 3.31] & it's used to bypass Replace=  )

Making it require say "O" access to use should prevent any abuse by idiots , at least by non-admined idiots (idiot admins would be host's own fault :-D )

Might well be worth considering if it wasn't horrendously complex to add.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on: May 13, 2007, 04:26:41 am »
sorry to double post, but i noticed RCMS compat mode could do with one minor tweak, i.e. making #NEWLINE# accept #\r\n# or is this configurable in the way it was with MCMA? (if so it doesn't seem to be documented on the kingmacro.net help page)

KM

« Reply #228 on: May 13, 2007, 07:36:45 pm »
of course if i release a 1.8 final then i'll have to wait a bit before starting on a 2.0, because I hate the idea of maintaining separate branches for a program to bug fix older versions whilst working on newer versions

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
« Reply #229 on: May 14, 2007, 12:53:26 am »
What about an access to allow/disallow use of caps.
- Josh

Offline Victim

• Forum Member
    • Winmx 4 Eva
« Reply #230 on: May 14, 2007, 01:13:50 am »
Yep that feature would b great.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #231 on: May 14, 2007, 02:04:40 am »
you can deal with caps using metis, in general outline, you push %TRIGGER% to a variable, run it through the operator to make it all upper case, compare to original, then warn followed by kick if they match, it's not a complex script to write, & your allow /disallow is done with a simple usergroup.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #232 on: May 14, 2007, 04:34:55 am »
Allowing or disallowing caps might be a bit too far lol
As merlin pointed, A script for kicking a user if he uses caps is there (somewhere here itself I believe)
Almost all rooms have metis ... so that shouldn't be too hard

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline James420

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on: May 14, 2007, 04:08:00 pm »
True, but if the caps were stopped at server side. You wouldn't end up with a bunch of caps spammed in your room. Though, I think it would be far more useful to block channel names from being displayed in the room by select people if they don't have a certain access. Advertising has been a big issue on mx for years. All the other servers have noticed this and put stops to it, so I don't see why it's still not built into WinMX. :/

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #234 on: May 14, 2007, 05:47:37 pm »
well if you really hate caps that much you could attempt this at the start of your replaces:
Replace=A=a
Replace=B=b
Replace=C=c
Replace=Z=z

it may well be effective, but i suspect you'll also see a HUGE cpu hit if it's a busy room...
better off using a bot...

blocking roomnames also has issues as has been pointed out you can manually do it in blocked words
Block=_0
Block=_1
Block=_2
Block=_F
although that has it's own problems...

it doesn't stop....
<Spamming_KnobCheese> COME TO MY ROOM! it's Dipstick's_Spamcentre in the roomlist!
<Spamming_KnobCheese> COME TO MY ROOM! it's Dipstick's_Spamcentre in the roomlist!

It DOES stop...
Anyone seen So_&_So ??  .....  They were in That_Other_Room_12345678ABCD when i last looked .... OK thanks Mate!!

It also stops...
Hello Fit_Fanny, how are you? or posting many other names where second half includes _A thru _F
(also stops /private to them in ouka *may* stop /message in wcs)

Consequently it too would be better handled by a bot's swear kicker...

& both are actually best handled by carbon based admin solutions .. automated ones being incapable of discretion even with checking to spot actual room hashes in posts (12 digit hex number anyplace in post) you really achieve very little.. you stop the helpful user in the response.. & the spammers simply drop hash from roomname (everyone has list anyhow)

KM

« Reply #235 on: May 14, 2007, 06:11:58 pm »
indeed, carbon based life forms are more intelligent than any known silicon based forms

silicon based ones are useful for enforcing some dumb rules, such as no sending more than x lines in y seconds or no saying any of these swear words, but are useless for ones that need any form of brain to figure out, such as if that room name is spam or help and if those caps are someone being annoying or someone exaggerating LOL or whatever

and of course if you used either of those options and someone asked if anyone knows the name of snippys room for example, nobody would be able to answer - as it would be blocked by any channel name blocking, or any anti-caps blocking

Offline James420

• Forum Member
« Reply #236 on: May 14, 2007, 06:28:33 pm »
That's why you'd set the access to select users. Let some of them post in caps and post room names, have the rest just block it. If a user doesn't have the access to post a channel name in the room, have it show as if it was a server message to users with the right power to see it. Also give the option to have the server kick them on auto or something. I think it would prove very handy, I'm sure tons of people would use it. They already use it in FXS a lot.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #237 on: May 14, 2007, 09:20:23 pm »
And all the idiots get round it in FXS a lot too, which leaves only genuine use blocked...

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
« Reply #238 on: May 15, 2007, 02:11:32 am »
You have to remember that not everyone knows how to use metis. (Who would want to?)  I myself don't know how to use the damn thing and nor will i ever.
- Josh

Offline James420

• Forum Member
« Reply #239 on: May 15, 2007, 02:17:35 am »
That's what people like me are for. To create stuff so others don't have to know a damn thing about it. Just have to know how to use the room commands for them. :P

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx