gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 12:23:17 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Search does not work in Windows 7
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Search does not work in Windows 7  (Read 9934 times)

Offline Kent

• Forum Member
Search does not work in Windows 7
« on: June 01, 2011, 02:36:57 am »
Hi,

I'm running WinMX 3.54 Beta 4 on Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit), and the Search function does not work properly.
When I enter a search item (artist, or song name, or .... ), I get a whole list of items that are in no form or way a match, and only items from 2 or 3 users. That's where it ends.  :cry: :x
This started after my (Vista) HD crashed and I decided to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate.
Anybody experience this? I first installed Ver 4.6.?. When I noticed this problem, I uninstalled it and decided to go back to 3.54 which has worked so well for me for so may years. Still same issue.

Kent!

Offline sharing sarah

• Forum Member
  • A Music & Movie Spectrum_F135E44219F6
Re: Search does not work in Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 04:44:11 am »
its not your system, the network is under attack. please read here:

http://winmxworld.com/tutorials/wpn_attack_information_.html

Seven

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 08:12:59 am »
Recently I have run into similar problems.  I am using Win XP Pro, MX 3.53 and MX Monitor.  When I search now as a primary I either get few results or lots of them, most of which have nothing to do with what I entered and searched for.  Could you please give a bit more information on what is happening that the link to the attack information above.  When did it start, will Open Nap stop it or correct the problems I am having?  

I have been using MX for almost ever and have had few problems.  I hope we can fix this one soon.

Thanks a bunch, Seven

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 08:17:18 am »
This is the link that you need to find out information on the attacks. There are also some instrcutions on what is advised to do in the meantime.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/wpn_attack_information_.html
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Seven

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 08:33:34 am »
Thanks for repeating the link included above my posting.  I was already there and found no information as to if any of those actions suggested would improve the non-useable searches that we are getting now.  The suggestions only appear to either greatly expand the areas searched or greatly limit the areas searched.  However, nothing would tighten the search parameters.  As of tonight, I am getting a 1,1,117 in the top bar of my MX and finding almost nothing in searches.  Thanks for answering, Seven

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 10:00:59 am »
re : unrelated search results, the only consistant solution I have seen is to park in rooms with themes that interest you and browse the users, or try opennap.

there a few good opennap tutorials under the tutorials topic.

Offline oodi

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 06:24:22 pm »
This problem has been going on for over a month.  Is there any word on any progress being made on a fix for this?  I haven't had any success using open nap, so IMO that is not an option.  Since the attack seems to also be affecting the search for chat rooms, the use of Shareguard isn't any help either.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 09:13:47 pm »
Folks are working on a fix and as I have tried to make clear this is a protocol level fix so an ordinary patch wont do the job, but rest assured all efforts are being undertaken to get our solution proposals implemented and deployed, please be patient  :)

Offline Rastilus

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 09:13:25 am »
I have had the same problem only it just started in the last couple of months.  There is a search block error. sometimes itworks for a few then what ever it hits it returns. Hey EAGLE how about getting a handle on this. RASTILUS

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Search does not work in Windows 7

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx