gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 04:21:45 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Important WPN attack information
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Important WPN attack information  (Read 66399 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Important WPN attack information
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 09:47:43 pm »
A quick browse over the forum will likely show many posts similar to your own Auhgra

Here are some areas for you to obtain information and some general background history to the problems and our hopes for a solution.

http://winmxworld.com/tutorials/wpn_attack_information_.html

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=10932.0.html

Offline synesthetize

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 02:15:15 pm »
I recently noticed my primary connection level rarely surpass the "3" value. This doesn't happen during the sporadic attack recesses when it's around the "8" or "9" level as normal.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 02:24:36 pm »
This is mainly due to the primary network being ridden to straining point with duff traffic, if you take a look at your bandwidth graph much of that traffic can be seen and its also helpful to switch on your incoming and outgoing bandwidth limits in settings to help cap such traffic to a reasonable level, its not perfect but it does aid those holding on by their finger nails against the cowards attacking the network.

Offline Ralphw62

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2011, 04:25:21 pm »
THIS WORKS.........DO YOUR SEARCH WITH THE CAPS LOCK ON........ TRY IT

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2011, 04:46:08 pm »
Ralph,
           I think you will find that the attacks have stopped and that's why it works. It's nothing to do with using caps.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2011, 06:07:44 pm »
I just tried a search using "axxo" to see how many results I would get.  I only got 93 results. Before the attacks started I would always get around 3000 or more.  It looks like hardly anyone is left on the network now.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2011, 09:26:34 pm »
I suggest you try again. People are coming back. You won't instantly get the results that you did before the attack and it will take a while for them to slowly improve.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2011, 12:27:00 am »
id like to know why the attacks stopped....  .....smells fishy to me....

Offline Wizzzzard

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011, 05:18:31 am »
I'm getting spammed search results also, Its like I have requested a search of every file on wimx, I'm also get a short chat room list of about 100 and can't find any of the rooms I usually idle in.

I have updated to the new united v1.0 patch and added the pdlist.txt to peerblock but that hasn't changed anything.

I have been having problems for quite a few months now and have not been using Winmx because of this, I hope this gets fixed soon. :(

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 06:06:41 am »
WinMx is under attack and the attack is causing the problems that you have seen. It is the intention of the individuals concerned to try and kill off WinMxWorld. So far they have been unable to do this. A work around is available for the room list. Go to http://tinyurl.com/winmx to get a full room list. To search for files enter rooms and then browse users in the room to find files that you like.

These are temporary measures until a cure can be found that counters the attacks

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2011, 07:30:49 pm »
It seems that the attacker has decided that he wasn't really acahieving anything and has shown common sense and stopped the attacks.

We at WinMxWorld would like to thank all users for showing patience and understanding.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 07:24:42 pm »
"popular searches in the last hour"
1. c: (10,273) 

It seems that the attacker has decided that he wasn't really acahieving anything and has shown common sense and stopped the attacks.

We at WinMxWorld would like to thank all users for showing patience and understanding.

"Train him for the games, let him hope for a while, then blow him away." -- Master Control Program (Tron)

...i think they fooled you there 'knees... best not to announce things premature....

Baba_Booey

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 09:56:01 pm »
My searches are still messed up.  =(

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2011, 12:38:32 am »
Sorry, I should have known stupidity knows no bounds.

Baba_Booey

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 03:26:56 am »
Much better tonight!

Offline synesthetize

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2011, 04:16:31 am »
‎7,000,000 files as for today at OpenNap's OpenWorld network. Maybe more users have migrated to the OpenNap recently. This could explain the lack of search results in the WPNP you are picking up.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2011, 04:51:16 am »
...should see the amount on the 'napster friends' network...

Offline synesthetize

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2011, 05:32:19 am »
1,872,608 right now. Far much less.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2011, 05:38:13 am »
it limits the amount of files users can have (listed in the server anyway... if your client and the client of the person you are browsing support direct browse you can get to the rest) ....

compared to times past tho its busting at the seams.... as are most of the other public naps.... at least the ones on gotnap.... seems the 'popularity' (or rather lack thereof?) of the wpn has given the naps a middle-aged spread :P

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011, 09:18:50 am »
I'm rather pleased users are taking our advice and taking steps to ensure a few criminals cannot destroy their p2p experience, the less folks using the WPN the faster the criminals will be caught, and like the cowards they are they wont like it one bit  :-D

I have to say KM and NB really have shamed themselves in this series of child like attacks, not only have they failed to acheive anything but they continue to fail day after day as folks find work-arounds to mitigate their stupidity, KM the wannabe winmx "expert" seems still not to understand what he did wrong and why his stupidity has been the cause of the WPN being nearly demolished despite his claims of everyone already knowing the dangerous information, are you comprehending it KM, has the drug fuelled stupor lifted and reality broken through yet ?

I know both of the 2 folks I have just mentioned are not regularly to be found on the network nowdays except to issue further threats of attack when you ask why any "expert" would not understand publishing information on the primary network was dangerous, I think the assumed "expert" title is more than a little puff and wind and light on the facts as usual when it comes to this malicious individual.

I would be very pleased to hear if either of these two individuals had actually gotten jobs and did some work instead of acting as cyber vandals perhaps then normal WPN users could have their network back from these two theives and their anarchistic but socially challenged cronies.

I love a good rant  :lol:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Important WPN attack information

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx