gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 05:33:16 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  EVERYBODY BAND TOGEATHER AND PRIMARIES PUT THESE UPLOADING BOZO"Z on I G N O R
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: EVERYBODY BAND TOGEATHER AND PRIMARIES PUT THESE UPLOADING BOZO"Z on I G N O R  (Read 4068 times)

Offline Einsteinus

• Forum Member
Let's all monitor any uploads from Fakesters and whenever I see something not quite right ( not just far east character sets) I put them on ignor...if we had a massive effort on behalf of all users we at least could clear up some of the fake returns...seems to help a little....cheers! :)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
you cant ignore them... the results from a search are real files, not fakes.... its the search itself (your search, my search everyones search) thats being hijacked.....

posts like these make me wonder about the average wpn user......

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Many of them have no idea how a P2P network works, most folks know to write something in a box click search and download. When these basic understandings are broken people become lost, and try things that they think will help. Its not really something to look down at. I recall spending hours following the *]M+M[* webpage guides for how to use winmx, and also convert movies. Was a good room back when Kevin was still calling the shots. And lots of info to help me. Too many years i care to recall for my sanity now i know how 90% of winmx works. But we all started somewhere though hay stripes ;-)
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline sharing sarah

• Forum Member
  • A Music & Movie Spectrum_F135E44219F6

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
@tiny / lagerlout ; its the ppl that dont start anywhere that scare me... the ones who try and end up still scratching their heads i give an 'a' for effort...

@sarah ; please dont add more confusion to the mix lmao... tho ive noticed the first part of that tutorial (changing the computers region) is unneeded.... only need east asian language support installed and the font change...

@ghostship/sarah/all;

...and in an interesting aside... i found one of the problems ive been having with winmx for... quite a long time now... based on the regional thing..... i have always installed xp with east asian language support for the last few years (did it on 2k before that)... and winmx (3.54b4) has been acting 'funny' for those years.... things like 100% cpu spikes and random ui freezes.... one 'fix' i found that worked that i had to do to keep mx running for more than a few days was run it in the ntsd debugger... ran no problem like that... helluva puzzler...

the real fix? right click winmx.exe, click the compatibility tab, tick the 'disable advanced text services' box.... keeps the ime from trying to 'work' with winmx (it cant cos mx isnt unicode) .... one problem down... and i can still see japanese text in the web browser on the windows box ;) ... 'disable visual themes' will also give it a slight performance boost but isnt necessary.... windows 95/98 didnt exactly have a 'luna' theme....

Offline sharing sarah

• Forum Member
  • A Music & Movie Spectrum_F135E44219F6
To clear up any confusion:

Many users are blaming foreign users for injecting fakes files as they are unaware of how the network works.
 As pointed out these aren't fakes, they are the result of the attacks against the community.
 But there is a way to read these files. You might find something you like.

And to users that aren't aware of how WinMx works  there are many tutorials that can be read.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/winmx_index.html

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  EVERYBODY BAND TOGEATHER AND PRIMARIES PUT THESE UPLOADING BOZO"Z on I G N O R

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx