gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 11:17:20 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Napsterites Forum News - Updated
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Napsterites Forum News - Updated  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
Napsterites Forum News - Updated
« on: July 11, 2011, 02:03:15 pm »
There's no right board for this thread, but this one seems to be the closest for saying this.

Those here who may remember the old days of Napster may also remember that there was a Napster forum, administered by The Tree Of Life, or TTOL. That forum was suddenly closed, so a number of the members created 'Napsterites, the Underground Napster forum'. This all happened about ten years ago, I guess. I was a member of both of these forums. It was a place in which to discuss and argue the merits of p2p and anything else.

The Underground forum has been almost inactive for the past several years, as people gradually left because of trolls or other reasons, but there was a core remnant of people who stayed on, still posting sometimes in the member-only Underground board.

But now the forum appears to be closed: the page still displays but the member-only Underground board is gone, and although a past member like myself can log in to the rest of the forum, no new posts can be made and all remaining boards have been closed, and no new registrations can be created. I've seen that my old PMs still exist, and it's strange to see those usernames of people who I corresponded with that I've lost track of in the years since.

I don't know when this closure happened and there's no announcement there saying why it has happened. A message I sent via the Contact Us has not resulted in a reply.

Whatever the story is, it appears a piece of p2p history has come to an end.

http://www.p2p-zone.com (formerly http://www.napsterites.net)

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
re: Napsterites Forum News
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 01:18:29 pm »
Well, it has turned out that the above conclusion was not correct.

Napsterites is still operational, as I found a member whose user I recognized on another forum, so I asked him some questions.

Seems that the public boards have been locked to stop spammers, but all is accessible for members. Some sort of technical problem was keeping me from accessing and posting, which is now remedied.

Sorry for being misleading. This thread could be deleted if a mod would like to do so.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: End of the Road: Napsterites Forum News
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 01:31:31 pm »
I think theres no need to delete this topic as it does after all direct folks to a much loved and informative site, I'll modify the topic to reflect the situation update.

Three cheers for those like the Napsterites who continue to keep their forums rolling for so many long years, such homes are always appreciated  8)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Napsterites Forum News - Updated

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx