gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 11:57:28 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  It's official: IE users are dumb as a bag of hammers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: It's official: IE users are dumb as a bag of hammers  (Read 5607 times)

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Re: It's official: IE users are dumb as a bag of hammers
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 09:28:50 pm »
For the purpose of doing websites I couldn't care less who made the standards in the first place.
It remains the fact that pretty much every browser but IE follows them, hence it's gonna be IE that's being left out.

Maybe Microsoft can afford the extra development - I sure won't bother anymore.

LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 10:42:09 pm »
@nylly

http://code.google.com/p/ie7-js/   simple js dropin (use conditional comments).... may help with your future projects should you get complaints... doesnt fix all last time i checked but it does a damn good job considering its basically a rendering engine written in js running on top of another (broken) rendering engine...

@all IE users (esp gs)

http://www.ie6countdown.com --- this site was, interestingly, made by microsoft itself....

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 10:43:12 pm »
the IE6 fails go on and on.... but i know noone will convince you of that....

And beleive me it doesnt stop at IE 6, the issues continue with later versions. The wordpress admin issue i recently spotted in IE9, there are also numerous css standards that are simply not handled correctly in IE, add to that all sorts of funny little alignment and image handling issues, the list is endless. I never seem to come across any of these sorts of issues in the other browsers, just IE.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 10:43:49 pm »
For the purpose of doing websites I couldn't care less who made the standards in the first place.
It remains the fact that pretty much every browser but IE follows them, hence it's gonna be IE that's being left out.

Maybe Microsoft can afford the extra development - I sure won't bother anymore.

Could not agree more, its a real pain in the butt at times.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2011, 10:54:39 pm »
the IE6 fails go on and on.... but i know noone will convince you of that....

And beleive me it doesnt stop at IE 6, the issues continue with later versions. The wordpress admin issue i recently spotted in IE9, there are also numerous css standards that are simply not handled correctly in IE, add to that all sorts of funny little alignment and image handling issues, the list is endless. I never seem to come across any of these sorts of issues in the other browsers, just IE.

i stopped using IE when firefox 1.0 came out.... IE6 is still technically installed (cant remove it since its kinda built in) but its homepage is set to update.microsoft.com and otherwise sits idle... lol.... so i havent really given IE 7 or 8 a serious test drive.... (have had both installed at one point but they seem to slow the rest of the system down)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 11:33:42 pm »
I love diversity  :-D

Lets be honest here all browsers have bugs and the current crop have tabs , I dont particularly enjoy wasting my time closing third party windows that seem to appear with a life of their own and thus I dont enjoy using such annoying and obvioulsy flawed programs, surely someone can create programs that cater for those who dont want or need tabbed junk ?

And no Stripes the browser made for me is not a mosaic spin off of any kind   :-D  Its very pleasing to know others care about my hate of tabs and wish to help me use the web without spending my time closing unwanted ads, next you guys will be demanding I use email  :lol: :lol:

Offline PatrickShartz

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011, 12:40:15 am »
The RIAA must be putting in backdoors into all of these great browsers as well right?

Stripes posted about adblock and other extensions/addons for the superior browsers. Perhaps you should read what people actually post.

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2011, 01:03:11 am »
Who brought up the RIAA?
I can follow most of this thread until I get to your post Patrick, what do you mean?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2011, 01:14:39 am »
i also said links (text only) or links2; http://links.twibright.com/ which has no tabs or even css for that matter...

then theres this; http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2007/10/17/mozilla-webrunner-a-one-window-tabless-browser-with-no-url-bar/ ... a perfect fit perhaps? lol...

then theres k-meleon... has tabs but they can be turned off... infact it can be made to look exactly like IE6...
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/

and then chrome frame... which if installed with IE6 will have no tabs (since IE6 doesnt have them) and wont be used unless a site 'turns it on'.... the default trident engine is used otherwise....

next you guys will be demanding I use email
...you are the only person i know that doesnt.... tis an odd thing....

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2011, 01:23:10 am »
Who brought up the RIAA?
I can follow most of this thread until I get to your post Patrick, what do you mean?

i think hes referring to the aire of paranoia that gs seems to have when referring to newer browsers....

@patrick; hes more... uh.... 'oldschool' than paranoid (tho granted that might be debatable).... if it were 1996 again and netscape/ie 3 were commonplace i think he would be right at home.... 

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2011, 05:01:29 pm »
I'll just leave this here. lol

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  It's official: IE users are dumb as a bag of hammers

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx