gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 03:39:28 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  What happened to WinMX Phoenix?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What happened to WinMX Phoenix?  (Read 932 times)

Offline PatrickShartz

• Forum Member
What happened to WinMX Phoenix?
« on: August 14, 2011, 03:53:32 am »
http:  //winmxphoenix.webs.com  just leads to not found?

*edit: Link disabled for this very reason...
nylly

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: What happened to WinMX Phoenix?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 04:51:09 am »
someone else will most likely have to fill in some details and fix errors in this but;

winmxphoenix was made by a user named 'bogus cash' with the intent (or perhaps not) of building a clone client... the site was little more than a forum and a donate button.... methinks a few donaters got duped....

you could probably see the site in the wayback machine on archive.org

Offline Nickster2132

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 07:24:01 am »
bogous is in jail that's why the site is down i will not say for what reason because that is up to him if he wants the world to know but i was apart of winmx phoenix
~E-9 SGM Sergeant Major Nicholas Dilbeck~
Stupidity is not a disability, complain elsewhere"

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 02:01:40 am »
Having a donate button on the site takes on a whole lot of legal liability so that was probably a huge mistake.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 09:42:05 am »
I'm always pleased to remind folks that there are no begging bowl "donate" buttons here and no advertisements, volunteers pay for this place out of their own pockets thus showing their commitment and friendship to all users.

Now to the topic in hand:

I spoke with Bogus on a few occasions unfortunately on both occassions it was clear to me he neither understood the scope of the task or was up to organising such a task effectively, I offered him assistance and information only to hear he didnt actually want anything but a finished article, this was a major reason why I didnt pursue the idea of aiding him any further directly and the last time I saw him he was supporting KM's attacks on wmw in the wmw chatroom, thus as far as I'm concerned good riddance to this chap.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  What happened to WinMX Phoenix?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx