gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 01:20:04 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  My personal ideas for a “safe” NEW WinMx file transfer system
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My personal ideas for a “safe” NEW WinMx file transfer system  (Read 32276 times)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: My personal ideas for a “safe” NEW WinMx file transfer system
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2011, 01:34:23 am »
my gut says theres a really good chance that the mx clones' future variants will not be dial friendly...

WinMX itself has ALWAYS been Dial Friendly, heavens, thats what it was written for...

Hmmm, short memories mebbe...

winmx yes... the clone however.... ehh... i may peek in and see... ....but the thought of the wars over which directions its various features should go.... *shudders*

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2011, 04:10:42 am »
Doomsayers...

Naysayers...

:-(
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2011, 04:38:35 am »
Doomsayers...

Naysayers...

didnt say the 'community' wont surprise me and prove me wrong.... ....the history of the community just seems at odds to that....

and i say that simply due to observation... like forcasting a rainstorm...  not due to naysaying...

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2011, 09:05:44 am »
Doomsayers...

Naysayers...

Blind followers..

....sorry I could not resist :ooooopz:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2011, 02:42:53 pm »
the 'Community' doesn't have to prove anything...

Just remember that...

Offline RebelMX

• Core
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2011, 07:30:01 pm »
Well apparently according to Stripes I still do LOL even after everything I've done and tried to do, and all the help and technical expertise I've given it comes down to a mistake (which is what even Quicks has seen it was, even if at the time he didnt view it like that) which Stripes still drags out.  Y'know what?  In some ways I do hope it goes down, the network and community.  It's idiots like him who have no wish for the network to continue, and offer nothing but snipey little digs and remarks, that caused the drama that he claims will cause a clone client to fail.

What he doesn't realise is any clone client will be opensource.  Even a primary clone.  Therefore there will be several threads of client, a Pie, a WMW a Sabre and probably a Richy version.  Since alot of any primary client will have been taken from my own work I feel that I am perfectly, if not more than all the groups, entitled to take the community sourcecode and add features I prefer and like.  I fear that Stripes with his "no clone please" attitude would be lost behind if a new client was created, be it a clone or a new client and protocol entirely.  It won't be WinMX Stripes, so may as well leave now since you fear dial up won't be supported... ;)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2011, 07:33:46 pm »
A rather rude comment there Joshua, critics are ten a penny whereas folks who help others are worth their weight in gold, which are you these days ?

Stripes I don't foresee any battle over what will go into the new client simply because those who deliver it are the ones making such decisions and will I'm sure take most sensible ideas and suggestions on board and if possible implement them , no ones going to complain if real reasons to upgrade items are put before them and changes made, we all win if we all work together, ideas, protocol research, conceptual elements, code fragments, language support all are part of whats required and will end up in some shape or form in the new creation, we have to move ahead we all know that and if we all help make the process seamless rather than a battle that will be the most elegant way forward.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2011, 08:13:09 pm »
Well there's nothing rude about it, if you would say it's as dumb as the first remark that triggered this response then yes or " mebbe "

Where I am?? ...where would you be after being kicked out of the coregroup without any explanation?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2011, 08:23:30 pm »
There's plenty of us will cheerfully back you, Richy, cos you have made the effort, and it IS appreciated

I have said it before, i dont have coding ability, altho perhaps in my autumn years i could study, if the systems gave me time. (this working for a living is a mugs game)

What, therefore, i DONT do, is sit back sniping at the efforts of people who DO do, even KM had my admiration before going off and creating the current mess, really made me wonder what he was/is on...

Joshua, i know nothing either of the ins and outs of others, but if u got creative, useful stuff, i dunno why ur out of core either, but perhaps the powers that be will rectify..

Just remember that...

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2011, 08:58:48 pm »
I shall reappraise the removal Joshua I was after all the person that undertook the mass removal action in response to an abuse and you where not the only person affected many folks where removed, most have been readded over time, some havent ever noticed their removal.

Some folks at other times have also been removed for simply not ever being on the site for 6 months it stands to reason if folks are not taking part, working on or researching or even further interested in WinMX they really dont need or want any special access, I had hoped those picked to join where those who had shown a greater interest than most in the direction the winmx community was heading and would put their technical ideas and opinions in a place where they would be the most helpful as over time as folks left and new ones arrived, in effect leaving a legacy of aspirations and hopes for the future that would one day be fulfilled. 

As I say I shall read my old notes and find out what was on my mind at the time of your removal but regardless of what that was I do ask that you forget any tit for tat and move ahead on a positive note, I might not be 100% right all the time Joshua but that in turn gives no one any rights to act rude, be the better person here and step above any petty annoyance.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2011, 09:00:53 pm »
Bravo!!!

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2011, 12:07:02 am »
@bluey; what i ment by 'prove me wrong' was in principle... this clone client may just bring things together tighter than they ever have been.... or may drive things far apart.... 'prove me wrong' is more of a turn of phrase... not a statement looking for proof...

@richie; i'll stick with the 'unbranded' version (the one that hopefully has no 'binary blobs') k thx...

@gs; you have a brighter outlook on things than i do... and you may just prove me right (again @ bluey turn of phrase... even tho we all speak english there still seems to be a bit of a language gap between the US, UK, and The Land Down Under.. ........and now i have that song stuck in my head again.....)

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2011, 12:26:40 am »
Vegemite Sandwich anyone?

What if you are proven (Ghaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasppp!!!) wrong?

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2011, 12:35:27 am »
Vegemite Sandwich anyone?

met a man in brussels, 6' 4", and full of muscles, i asked "do-you-speaka-my-language", he just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich......

What if you are proven (Ghaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasppp!!!) wrong?

on what?

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2011, 06:38:33 am »
I shall reappraise the removal Joshua I was after all the person that undertook the mass removal action in response to an abuse and you where not the only person affected many folks where removed, most have been readded over time, some havent ever noticed their removal
Well I did notice (I read every new post there and sometimes try to understand the older ones :) ), I even posted about it in another thread where someone else (not naming names) complained about the same thing ...never got a reply though.
I don't think I was mass removed ..I think it was done as a single action but ooohwell that's my logic talking ;)

Thank you for reconsidering, you did not have to but a message about it would have made me less disapointed.

The critics is really what you need IMHO, they should usually prove to be pretty helpfull in any development!!! but again IMHO :lol:

@Bluey ...I said "sorry I could not resist" in the very same post (because I know many often don't understand my sarcasm), but really ..I hope you understand your comments often "ask" for replies like that (another opnion ;) )

Enough offtopic from me, you guys get back on topic... some of it is really intresting ;)

Have a great day,
...Joshua203

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2011, 09:29:07 am »
@joshua; sarcasm doesnt tend to translate well in text... regardless of 'brand'/type....

Offline cuttingedge

• Forum Member
  • I will gladly pay U Tuesday, for a hamburger today
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2011, 07:08:04 pm »
Might not be much but I gotta say, Stripes has given me alot of info I would have struggled with just to get started looking at why were having the search results problems. I think in no way is he against fixing the existing problems or creating a new client. Alotta people want alotta stuff out of winMx, doesn't mean a new client has to cook me breakfast in the morning! It's gonna do what the creators tell it to do. I hope that everyone here gets their little piece in to it.

CE

I CAN HANDLE IT!

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2011, 10:11:37 am »
@joshua; sarcasm doesnt tend to translate well in text... regardless of 'brand'/type....
Well usually I'ld say you're right about this but this couldn't be so hard to translate and the style was in the same tone as the original comment it was aimed at (it was almost a copy ;) )

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2011, 10:51:38 am »
The patch wont fix ipv6 stripes. thats why a clone is just as if not more important than a patch.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2011, 11:44:57 am »
The patch wont fix ipv6 stripes. thats why a clone is just as if not more important than a patch.

very true... and it would be an impressive technical feat to bring such an old system into the 'modern' age (i say modern in quotes since ipv6 itself is quite old) ....

but, to say the least, im a bit worn out... the geek in me wanted to see the patch work..... but the realist in me does not want to be part of the coming clone wars....

...call me cynical if you wish but as the song says 'i am weary let me rest'....

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  My personal ideas for a “safe” NEW WinMx file transfer system

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx