gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 06:01:13 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Nothing goes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nothing goes  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Carter

• Forum Member
Nothing goes
« on: September 27, 2011, 07:42:00 pm »
Hi there,

first of all, English isn't my native language, so please forgive any blunders and typing is something I do without looking what keys I hit so miss spelled words are guaranteed.  :oops:

I've been using WinMX forever since it came out it seems. So naturally I lived through the downfall and revival of WinMX way back when. With your help guides I was always able to stay on-line and share
 - until now. Some time ago I noticed the truck load of nonsense search results but was sure this was just a phase that would go by. Then my hardware gave out and I had to rebuild my system. That took some time (months), since money was scarce. So I felt I might behind some developments. To be sure I downloaded the latest version from this site and also read through the guide to log on to the OpenNap... and yes I followed all steps diligently. In addition I read through the thread of friendly ports or whatever it was called and followed the instructions as well. I am very sure I made all necessary settings at the router, firewall and WinMx itself.

Still... nothing goes...

I am able to make a secondary and also a primary connection. But I get no results for any searches, ie. beatles, elvis, mash or whatever else I tried just as a test.

I'm neither a friend of chatrooms nor do I have the time for hanging out there and search for files. I loved to be able to search, enter a queue and finally get the files I was looking for... whatever time it took.

But grudgingly I entered the catmode only to find almost empty halls... the few chatrooms that where advertised where about some music I wouldn't listen to anyway.

Is WinMX about to die or allready dead? I hope not since it is my primary source for interesting audio books.

Re: Nothing goes
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 10:12:56 pm »
Hi Carter,

There sounds like there is a few seperate issues.

The search function in winmx is often full of search results returned maliciously.
That being said, if you search you should still get a results screen full of incorrect results, not the empty screen you mention.

How many opennap servers are you able to connect to?

Offline Carter

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 04:12:31 am »
There are 13 green ones, 3 red ones say 'timed out', one lets only registered users connect and  the japanese servers informations are unreadable to me.

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 11:30:28 am »
I'm thinking the best way forward with this is to deal with one possible issue at a atime.

If you disconnect from all the opennap servers and just connect to the winmx network as a secondary, how do your search results look?

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 12:46:46 am »
There were some additional comments on this thread.
These have been moved to a thread called mudslingers in winmx lyte.

needless to say im disapointed a help thread was hijacked purely to attempt to besmirch another forum member.
Since it seems to be ongoing, if that's what anyone wants to do, please go to the mudlingers thread and go your hardest.
It is in Winmx Lyte, which is where it belong because it's a joke.

Sorry Carter, back to your issue at hand.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Nothing goes

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx