gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 08:19:05 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Starting connection but never establishes the connection, help!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Starting connection but never establishes the connection, help!  (Read 6243 times)

Offline fitzy91

• Forum Member
Running Windows XP.  Had to reinstall WinMX due to spyware invading my computer and cleared the hard drive back to new.  Have the older version with the red back ground (my favorite).  I also installed the patch but still cant connect although the light is green and the screen says "Enabling Open Information Sharing".  I tried to install the newer version of WinMX and it connected but all files had the boxes and characters but no actual  names of the music files and I was not able to download anything (obviously). I also tried to enter the port #'s for both the TCP and the UDP but this didn't help either.  I have WinMX as an allowed site for my Windows Firewall although it does still "detect" this.  I'm not sure if this is part of the problem?

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
Re: Starting connection but never establishes the connection, help!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 09:28:13 pm »
Hi fitzy i've never seen winmx with a red background in all the years i've been using it. Nor have i ever seen "Enabling Open Information Sharing" or any reference to it. Sounds like your using 1 of the other winmx knock offs and not the original winmx. You can download the original genuine winmx below

https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Re: Starting connection but never establishes the connection, help!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 11:53:25 pm »
Winmx with the red background is winmxmusic.
This is a torrent client made to copy the look of winmx.

If you need help with winmxmusic, you'll need to try a winmxmusic forum.
If you want the real winmx try   https://patch.winmxconex.com/

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Starting connection but never establishes the connection, help!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx