gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 11:28:00 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  I NEED HEEEELP! :/
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I NEED HEEEELP! :/  (Read 3706 times)

Offline Mami_kitana

• Forum Member
I NEED HEEEELP! :/
« on: September 18, 2011, 02:56:31 am »
Ok, Norwegian chick here, that used to use WINMX, used to love it, and has finally gotten around to d/l, start up, and damn near got sentimental when I saw the old system, still like I remembered it. However, the conections stays yellow, and I can't seem to get it to conect with the internet... I am going crazy here, trying to read up on other posts. I accepted the firewall premition thingy, and as far as everything else goes ( I'm sorry, I know I sound like a stupid twat...) but I cant seem to understand much of this...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: I NEED HEEEELP! :/
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 04:33:34 am »
you do have the community patch installed right?  https://patch.winmxconex.com .... the default install will blink yellow and never connect since winmx.com itself is gone...

Tigress101

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 11:38:31 pm »
Hiya Silver,
I just recently  have been experiencing the same blinking yellow light issue in the past 24 hours. I did recently switch internet companies but have everything set-up as I did prior to the switch. Would you mind pointing me in tthe right direction to find a solution. Much appreciated  :whistle:

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 12:47:08 pm »
If switching ISP's made you switch to a new router too ...then you need to do the portforwarding again ;)

otherwise you may want to check your protection software if winmx is allowed to connect to the internet
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Tigress101

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 03:21:42 pm »
Hey Joshua - Thanks for the quick reply.. The company provided a modem/router but I preferred to use the one I purchased so I turned off the wireless settings on the modem/router so that I could continue to use the router I have been using. The ports in the router are all set. I am not getting a connection to mx or opennap on any of my equipment. Any other suggestion would be great!  :)

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 03:36:47 pm »
Fist of all make sure that your STatic IP is still correct on thos port settings in your router (maybe even check all those settings to be correct)

If the above is ok Check windows firewall ... remove winmx form the allowed programs (when winmx is shut down) then start winmx ...it should ask permission again now ...permit it

do something similar if you use any other blocking/protective software for those programs

worse case scenario ..nothing above helps ... try switching of any protective software temporary ...see if winmx connects ....if yes ... switch them back on one by one to find out which one is breaking your winmx

Hope this helps you in the right direction ;)

Greetings Tigress,
...Joshua203
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 03:37:59 pm »
fist=first ....i make lots of typos .....sheeezzzz

Offline Tigress101

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 11:58:01 pm »
Hey  All,
Just wanted to touch base and thank ya again Joshua for your help previously. Apparently the issues were more intricate than I expected as I am still encountering errors. I am able to connect eventually to the winmx network - However, I seem to have better luck connecting as a secondary in  which I do not prefer. Anyhow, as previously stated I have a modem/router which provides my internet service with the wireless settings turned off - - connected to my netgear router -- in which I have my ports forwarded  for MX along with the ports  being an exception within my firewall. For some reason the router/modem software  wanted me to  forward the ports within that  software (which in my opinion has much to be desired in regards to being user-friendly) as well before I could get a connection at all. Anyways, now that I can somewhat establish a connection it appears users can not U/L from me and I can not D/L ... timing out all ova the place. And to top it all off .. I have just about had enough of peerblock being lit up like it's freakin Christmas. So if anyone happens to have some free time on their hands I will gladly appreciate any suggestions  short of getting out the wire cutters.  :blindfold:

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 01:47:16 am »
I have a modem/router which provides my internet service with the wireless settings turned off - - connected to my netgear router -- in which I have my ports forwarded  for MX along with the ports  being an exception within my firewall.

ports are forwarded through the 'first' router/modem device to the ip of the second router yes? (note: ip of the router not the ip of your computer) -- or is the second router only being used as an 'access point' (hint: if the second device is being used as an access point/hub it wont have settings to forward ports) ?

Anyways, now that I can somewhat establish a connection it appears users can not U/L from me and I can not D/L

if you are running secondary the TCP port (usually 6699) is the only one to worry about in the forwarding scenario... get that working then you can use the same procedure you got it to work to get the other port working in order to get back on primary should you so wish....

I have just about had enough of peerblock being lit up like it's freakin Christmas.

winmx network is being flooded with fake and even dangerous ips... the fact that its lighting up is a good thing... means those addresses arent being made use of...

..the bad part is all that junk traffic is going through your router(s) and many 'consumer' routers simply cannot handle that amount of traffic... even if it is blocked...

all things considered it would be best if you got things running as secondary and wait for the air to clear before trying again for primary...

Offline Tigress101

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 02:23:26 am »
Hey Silver,
Dealing with settings for two routers is definitely confusing me. The 'first' modem/router which provides internet access is hardwired to the router I prefer to use for wireless connection directly to my primary PC-- so yes the 2nd router is used primarily for an access point to connect wirelessly -- So I am assuming the primary PC needs ports forwarded in the 'first' router to establish a connection -- Likewise, the 2nd router needs ports forwarded for the computers I use to connect wirelessly. I understand the process of peerblock, guess that was just a brief moment where I needed to vent my frustrations with this attack. Thank You very much appreciate the help and dedication of all involved!  :)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 03:23:35 am »
if the computer that is connecting to winmx is -not- connected to the first router but is connected to the second router the ports for the first need to be forwarded to the ip address of the second router...

so lets say for example;

[internet] -> first router [192.168.0.1] -> second router [192.168.0.2]  -> computer [192.168.0.3]

first router needs ports forwarded to the address of the second router... which in this example is 192.168.0.2  ..... if the second router does not have its own routing functions switched on and is acting simply as a passthrough (traffic goes through without knowing that the second router exsists) then the first router needs ports forwarded to the computer address....  or 192.168.0.3 in the example ..... if the second router is acting like a router you need to set its port forwarding to the address of the computer... again 192.168.0.3 ... while ignoring the address of the second router...

using a 'chain' like this usually isnt the best idea however... might be better to look in the manual for your second router to see if it has the option of being set as an 'access point' .. this will allow you to use it as basically a hub with wifi support... leaving only the first router to deal with all the traffic and port forwarding...

or buy a new modem thats only a modem and not a combo unit so you can once again have the 1-router setup using equipment that you prefer...

..i have a funny feeling i confused this situation more...

Offline Tigress101

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 06:39:10 am »
Actually Silver that information has helped me out significantly.. I am still having some time out errors but the program appears to be working much better now! Maybe just a little more tweaking should do the trick -- Thanks Again  :D

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 02:08:39 pm »
My compliments Stripes ..GREAT support  :yes: ;)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  I NEED HEEEELP! :/

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx