gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 02:09:03 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Winmx
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Winmx  (Read 2601 times)

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
Winmx
« on: October 07, 2011, 11:10:24 pm »
Can i ask who ACTUALLY runs WinMx ?

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Re: Winmx
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 11:15:32 pm »
You all do... if we didnt have you we wouldnt have winmx.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 01:15:36 am »
There's a pretty good tutorial here https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/fake_file_info.html which outlines the struture of the network and hopefully can go some of the way to explaining how it is that noONE runs winmx.

One of the great things about winmx is that it's decentralised. Everyone who is part of the network is helping to run the network.

There's a number of members of the community who provide help and support to the community like the members of winmxworld do.

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 12:02:34 pm »
Thanks
reason ive asked is
why is this issue still going on with rooms not showing or problems getting a room to open etc
this has been going on for some time now and thought it would have been resolved

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 10:45:13 pm »
The attackers continue to send malicious traffic across the network.

The volunteers in the community who care enough and have the ability have not yet been able to complete a working patch which will stop this traffic.
However they continue to give their time and have not given up.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 11:31:55 am »
Getting a room tp open shouldn't really be a problem Gypsy, maybe you're just using the wrong version of a server? maybe you set it up incorrect? ...showing up in the list is the only problem they all face with most patches atm
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 01:45:24 pm »
Excellent website Josh...well done mate
do you have all the latest stuff there...and if so where please

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 02:29:28 pm »
Thank you for the (offtopic) compliment Gypsy ...it's really a work in progress which eats so much time (creating, modifying, learning and helping others ...even denying spammers access eats time) that I hardly have the time to post anything (like tools and ther descriptions) but if you request anything I can get my hands on (or already have) I will post it / link you to it and try to help in anyway I can!

The stuff I'm involved in is really too much for one person to stay healthy but you know how that goes I guess, I won't bother you with the details (to avoid looking like I'm bragging  :D )

Some stuff is broken ATM ..I think the port check for winmx is firewalled by my hosting company right now (need to complain about that sooner or later) and the only winmx tool  offered right now would be autoretry (just modified to un-confuse people  for what version it is suitable).
But any request will be answered in the best way I can  ;) (you need to register to be able to post ...received too many spam posts when it was open for all)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 02:35:27 pm »
PS ..if you rather see stuff already posted (ready for download in one look) there are a few other sites you may or may not have already seen ... to name a few:
- Max has one
- Hell on Earth has one
- WMW has the archive

I'm sure there are many more that I fail to mention but these guys sprung to mind first :yes:

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 02:41:31 pm »
Did I say Hell on earth??? I meant Reef!!!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Winmx

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx