gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 26, 2024, 11:52:25 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  WinMX on Windows7. Did i miss some settings or something?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMX on Windows7. Did i miss some settings or something?  (Read 10450 times)

Tbj

WinMX on Windows7. Did i miss some settings or something?
« on: October 31, 2011, 02:02:24 am »
Hey. I used WinMX for years. Just had a new computer, and today i installed WinMX v3.54 beta4, which is the same as i've used earlier, on my computer. I've perviously used XP, but now Windows 7.
My "problem": I have a bunch of files set for "searching for resources". Not files i found today, but files from my previous PC. So, basically i'm trying to find resources for my "old", un-downloaded files.
It seems like i can't find any persons who got theese files anymore. No file queues up. Noone queues up at me. I can't find any chatrooms, but i get results on search-results if i do a search.
I know that i've earlier had issues with settings and such. I'm not sure if something is wrong with my settings (I didn't adjust any of them), or if it could be a Firewall issue (using McAffee antivirus, with Firewall), or is this just a part of the chain of problem WinMX had the last months?
I really hope WinMX can get up functioning like it once did. It's the nr.1 File Share program in my view.
Excuse my bad English.
Anyone have any idea?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: WinMX on Windows7. Did i miss some settings or something?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 05:44:21 am »
even in the winmx heyday (~2001 - 2004) i had the same problems of files being found then just not found .... poof... gone... leading to a lot of deleted 'incomplete' files.....

that being said there is so blasted much junk traffic going on right now you could have 2 winmx users in the same room on the same isp and not be able to find each others files... ...leave em in the incoming section with AFS and AEQ set and just let mx do the searching for you.... might get lucky...

Offline mman19

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 07:36:20 pm »
Hi guys, long time user but now have Win 7, 64 bit.  Have Norton 360 and let the firewall accept winmx. Installed winmx 3.54b4 with patch 1.0. I can connect to the network but am not getting many search results like I did a few years ago. I use to type in the band name and would get alot of results but now I hardly get anything which is disappointing. I'm on secondary connection. Would someone be able to try a download for me to see if you get better results? Right now i'm trying Rush and the song "in the end".

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 01:22:03 am »
network is under attack -- a new client is in the works to combat this

Offline mman19

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 01:29:06 am »
Is this a responce from my post? Thanks.

Offline mman19

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 04:31:45 am »
Hi guys, i'm sure this problem is on my end but this is not right. I have windows 7, using 3.54b with patch and connecting through secondary connection. I was searching an artist and not one item out of over 2800 results came back with a hit. I had a ton of foreign stuff and nothing was in any kind of order. Your expert advise is highly needed so i can enjoy winmx like i have in the past. I've always used secondary, so i would like to stick with it.

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 04:51:35 am »

The search results you see are a result of these attacks on the network.

Most users are either switching to opennap or joining rooms with similar interests and chatting to other users in the room and see if anyone has wehat you are after.
Some rooms have a bot which indexes shared files of room members which makes them searchable in the room.

Offline mman19

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 04:43:25 am »

The search results you see are a result of these attacks on the network.

Most users are either switching to opennap or joining rooms with similar interests and chatting to other users in the room and see if anyone has wehat you are after.
Some rooms have a bot which indexes shared files of room members which makes them searchable in the room.
Are you guys getting closer in a fix for this issue?

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 05:28:11 am »
There's a team of community developers building an entirely new client.
It is getting closer to being finished every day.

Offline mman19

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 04:07:38 pm »
Just wanted to see how close this client is to getting released. Type in a band name and results are just crazy. I miss searching a band and get results only fo that band. Please tell me winmx will get back to the way it was.

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 08:14:05 pm »
Winmx will get back to the way it was.
Unsure when the client will be released, it depends what problems the guys run into in the last bits they're finishing off.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  WinMX on Windows7. Did i miss some settings or something?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx