gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 11:44:47 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Scam Sites Operator Launches Attack On Scam Exposing Sites
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Scam Sites Operator Launches Attack On Scam Exposing Sites  (Read 1240 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Scam Sites Operator Launches Attack On Scam Exposing Sites
« on: December 12, 2011, 09:07:44 pm »
It seems exposing scammers has a price tag.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/12/12/anti_scam_sites_ddos_blitz/

A bunch of anti-scam sites were knocked offline last week by fierce and apparently well-organised distributed denial of service attacks.

The sites - 419eater.com, scamwarners.com and aa419.org (Artists Against 419) - were swamped with junk traffic for several days. During the attack the sites' administrators turned to blogs, Facebook and other alternative channels to distribute news of newly detected fake payment sites and other urgent anti-fraud information.

"These websites and their users provide excellent exposure for online fraud activities and have been responsible for allowing thousands of prospective victims to detect a scam in play, and get out

I myself have visited these sites before so I feel a mention of their good work is more than overdue, they aid folks to avoid losing the contents of their bank accounts to scam bank sites and many other types of criminal fraud seen on the web in the last 8 years or so, its a real hive of information and a lot of funny counter-scam stories that make for some fun reading.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Scam Sites Operator Launches Attack On Scam Exposing Sites

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx