gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 11:26:12 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Scientists and Music
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Scientists and Music  (Read 550 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Scientists and Music
« on: December 18, 2011, 09:15:05 am »
It was simply a matter of time before someone did this but its funny all the same   :yes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16218284

Budding pop stars may fare better if they swap a piano keyboard for a PC, according to university researchers.
University of Bristol scientists claim to have developed software that can spot whether a song has hit potential.
The program looks at 23 separate characteristics including loudness, danceability and harmonic simplicity.
Trained using hit songs from the Top 40 over the last 50 years, the software can predict chart positions with about 60% accuracy, the scientists say.

I wonder how much money has been spent on this as i'm sure many of us could have rented out our ears at lesser expense  :lol: :lol:

I suppose the big question is what does it think of kiddy-pop industry idols such as Justin Bieber ?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Scientists and Music

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx