gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 06:06:22 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  Protocol Discussion  |  WCS Fix for problem with malformed WPN traffic
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WCS Fix for problem with malformed WPN traffic  (Read 10387 times)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: WCS Fix for problem with malformed WPN traffic
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 08:25:25 am »
@ST the attachment wasnt there when i made that post... showed a short time after..

@Miners; her name, or at least her internet moniker was ']2aven' (Raven) .... 1.8.8 was the last one before her death...

--edit; typo--

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 11:30:17 am »
If I am not mistaken, WCS was actually edited by Mind, a male. At least I believe thats what Raven told me.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 05:45:07 pm »
This is the original WCS as built by KM the higher version number you've been discussing is an offshoot development, Unless Mind (who I don't know) is around & still has the source, it won't be fixable. I could only look at the version for which I had source & even then needed pointing to the right place & telling what to change.

@ Sarah the high banwith usage is a function of the attack, not a bug, lots of massively oversize primary packets, plus floods of list requests which the server responds to in order to be answering the real ones, & bandwith usage inevitably rises in proportion to the level of attack it's under.  I'd venture to suggest something similar would be observed in any server that stays connected & listing under these conditions, It's just obvious with WCS, as the usage is right there in the server console. Most other chatservers I've used would require you to run separate tools to determine this.

Setting it in dialup mode would reduce usage by making fewer primary connections, but I wouldn't recommend it, as listing your room becomes erratic even under normal conditions, but it might be worth trying for any host where the bandwith used is a big issue.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2011, 09:08:13 pm »
I can confirm Mind did the work on wcs upto 1.8.8
that was the last wcs from him as he (Mind) is persuing other interests, and sadly Raven is no longer with us,
Mind added some extra features and cleaned up some bugs, it is the best wcs so far.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2011, 02:09:39 am »
Are there plans to release a 1.8.3.2?  Because for some reason even though looking at the 1.8.3 source code shows it supports Custom Commands, this 1.8.3.1 (which apparently is derived from 1.8.3) seems to not support them...

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2011, 02:43:15 am »
Well I'm using it, & every custom command I had before continued to work perfectly, the code was hardly modified from 1.8.3, & certainly nothing that would interfere with custom commands, are you completely certain you're configuring them correctly? Also that whatever bot you're sending them to is responding correctly to them?

Please test on 1.8.3 & confirm it all works correctly then try 1.8.3.1, my guess is it will continue to work.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2011, 07:55:12 am »
I believe these older versions were case sensitive with the custom commands.

example:  CustomCommand=/LEVEL=BOT-PASSWORD

the actual command has to be in caps from what i can remember

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2011, 09:42:09 pm »
Oh yes. Sorry lol. Forgot about the annoying capslock thing.

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 01:35:58 am »
Would it be possible for you to fix this as well?

handler.h line: 1043:

*(WORD*)buff=0x990;   should be:   *(WORD*)buff=0x9900;

This prevents chat clients from detecting if a chat server supports the ipsend protocol, but it seems that when a user is granted "I" access, it does send the correct packet type in that instance.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  Protocol Discussion  |  WCS Fix for problem with malformed WPN traffic

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx