gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 09:45:19 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  Protocol Discussion  |  Reverse Enginer WinMx
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Reverse Enginer WinMx  (Read 23397 times)

Offline achilles

• Core
Re: Reverse Enginer WinMx
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2012, 02:18:21 am »
Hans, thanks for the results on your survey! Did you receive a lot of private messages or did you post this survey on other sites as well? I was thinking that maybe if you had some ideals about features or improvements you would like to see in the new client then maybe you could talk it over with the development team, and offer some code that could be integrated into the new client. I think that would be a sure way to earn trust with the development team. That is if you have the time to spare. I know that may be asking for a lot but If I had your abilities then I would be willing to contribute in any way I could with the time I had to spare. I know you would be a hero in the eyes of many as would anyone else that has or is contributing their coding abilities towards this project. Anyways, I would like to say thank you to everyone that has been putting in many hours of hard work on this project! I hope someday I will be in a position that I can give back more to the community!
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline Hans-Linux

• Forum Member
    • index.hmtl
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2012, 04:39:36 am »

Hans, thanks for the results on your survey! Did you receive a lot of private messages or did you post this survey on other sites as well? I was thinking that maybe if you had some ideals about features or improvements you would like to see in the new client then maybe you could talk it over with the development team, and offer some code that could be integrated into the new client.

The survey was posted on this side and send to people who I know they are using WinMX. Most of the replies where by private e-mail.

The only improvements I can think of are:
1.) Making it impossible for the up and down loader to identify the IP or their counterpart.
2.) File size limit to be increased.
3.) Distributed File Directory that shows ALL files that are at present and where available during the past 60 days or so for download .
4.) Swarm downloading with the option to let a user specify the number of bytes or percentage first downloaded from the beginning of the file. (Like various bit-torrent clients do). 
4.) Prevention or warning regarding downloading of files already stored on the user's system.
I am currently working on an GPL licence open source MX specific version of my CLEANER Command Line Utility. This can be integrated into a GPL licence open source version of WinMX.

I don't use WinMx Chat and can't comment. I occasionally use Skype for Audio and Text Chat and file transfer.

Hans   :walk:

AMD Phenom II x4, 3000Mhz; 24,115 Bogo MIPS; 
 Main Op. System: Gentoo, Xfce Desktop; 
Wine 3.0.3; WinMx; Bit-Torrent;
Up-Speed 20 Mb/s Down-Speed 50 Mb/s;
 "C" programmer.

Offline Hans-Linux

• Forum Member
    • index.hmtl
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2012, 04:42:31 am »
Hans, thanks for the results on your survey! Did you receive a lot of private messages or did you post this survey on other sites as well? I was thinking that maybe if you had some ideals about features or improvements you would like to see in the new client then maybe you could talk it over with the development team, and offer some code that could be integrated into the new client.

The survey was posted on this side and send to people who I know they are using WinMX. Most of the replies where by private e-mail.

1.) Making it impossible for the up and down loader to identify the IP or their counterpart.
3.) Distributed File Directory that shows ALL files that are at present and where available during the past 60 days or so for download .
4.) Swarm downloading with the option to let a user specify the number of bytes or percentage first downloaded from the beginning of the file. (Like various bit-torrent clients do).
4.) Prevention or warning regarding downloading of files already stored on the user's system.
I am currently working on an GPL licence open source MX specific version of my CLEANER Command Line Utility. This can be integrated into a GPL licence open source version of WinMX.

I don't use WinMx Chat and can't comment. I occasionally use Skype for Audio and Text Chat and file transfer.

Hans   :walk:
AMD Phenom II x4, 3000Mhz; 24,115 Bogo MIPS; 
 Main Op. System: Gentoo, Xfce Desktop; 
Wine 3.0.3; WinMx; Bit-Torrent;
Up-Speed 20 Mb/s Down-Speed 50 Mb/s;
 "C" programmer.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2012, 04:26:46 pm »
Since there is a new client near completion I think the drastic protocol changes in the network in order to make this work would be too risky in it's current stage of development.  I would definitely like to see these capabilities added to the network when we have a solid foundation to build upon.

I don't know what the primary protocols are going to be with the new client, but  I hope this will be feasible to do in the near future. This may be something you could start working on now if you coordinate with the developers. Then it could be implemented into the client when the timing is right.

3.) Distributed File Directory that shows ALL files that are at present and where available during the past 60 days or so for download .  Is this what the KAD or e-mule network uses? I'm not exactly sure how this works. Can this be done without centralized servers? I think it is extremely important that the network is a decentralized network. If the primary protocols are of a centralized nature then one point of attack could bring the entire network down. It would also encourage outside groups to pressure those in control of the network to shut her down.

This would definitely make downloading of large files much faster, and it would be a more efficient file transfer system than we currently use.  I believe it would mean drastic protocols changes to the network so i'm not sure when it would be feasible to implement this.

This is something else you may be able to assist the development team with. I hope to see this functionality added to the client soon.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  Protocol Discussion  |  Reverse Enginer WinMx

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx