gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 07:11:50 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Sweden recognises church of file sharing as a religion
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sweden recognises church of file sharing as a religion  (Read 2337 times)

Sweden recognises church of file sharing as a religion
« on: January 05, 2012, 08:34:09 pm »
The movement has been trying to gain official recognition for their beliefs in sharing and data copying since 2010. The church's name comes from "Kopimi", pronounced "copy me". The organisation believes that communication and sharing is sacred and needs to be respected. They also think it is wrong to monitor and eavesdrop on people. The church has applied for official status a number of times and had its request denied, most recently in July 2011.

However, just before Christmas Kopimism was approved as an official religion (as opposed to a sect), although founder Isak Gerson and chairman Gustav Nipe only opened the letter containing the news yesterday. Before being approved by the National Judicial Board for Public Lands & Funds, the church was required to formalise its way of praying or meditation.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-01/04/kopimism-recognised-as-religion
http://kopimistsamfundet.se/  -  this seems to be their official page, not sure though

Offline cuttingedge

• Forum Member
  • I will gladly pay U Tuesday, for a hamburger today
Re: Sweden recognises church of file sharing as a religion
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 03:27:50 am »
 :yes: Government doesn't trump religion.........Well in some places.....

I guess we need to get started on "The great church of  WPN"  Where daily worship is welcome.......  :crazy:

I CAN HANDLE IT!

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 01:46:29 pm »
Been practicing this for years  :D
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 05:36:39 pm »
aslong as there are enough followers,,, why not even jedi has become a religion or "the force" i should say

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 11:23:50 am »
been trying to avoid this but i can stands no more....

from a torrentfreak article; http://torrentfreak.com/mpaa-lawyer-inspired-file-sharing-religion-catholic-bishop-unhappy-120107/

Even the Catholic church have noticed but perhaps unsurprisingly, they’re not impressed.

“It’s crazy and seems like a send up of religion, a send up of copyright and a send up of the government to register such a body as religious,” says Bishop Peter Ingham, head of the Catholic Diocese of Wollongong in Australia.

“There should be some measuring stick against what you call religion,” he said. “In my mind, if religion has nothing to do with God — or what people perceive to be God — then it’s a sham. It looks like it’s just a way of getting around the law of piracy and copyright. How could a religion promote illegal activity?”

1st -- that statement is, in and of itself, an insult to a few BILLION people whose religions do not depend on a 'god' or 'god figure' ..... Buddhism comes to mind as a good example... Buddha is not a 'god'... a very wise man... but not a 'god' (those that would argue against this are probably thinking of the hybrid of Buddhism and Shintoism in japan.. plz to do research)...

2nd --
...How could a religion promote illegal activity?”
uh... excuse me?? .. "how?" ... oh... i dunno... ask the alter boys there mr catholic.... ....i could go on and on and on -- on the atrocities catholicism alone has wrought on humanity over the years but i'll let the googlers out there do their own thinking..

</rant>

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 06:07:30 pm »
I would have seized on the stoning of folks etc as an example of a religious teaching being against the current laws of most lands.

Offline cuttingedge

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 07:36:30 pm »
Mid 13th Century Europe......

:evil: Catholic church: Large chunk of gold! We believe your a witch....Are you a witch?

:no: Poor villager: No! I am not a witch, I found this large piece of gold in the ground!

:evil: Catholic church: We think your a witch and you changed dirt into gold....Lock the poor villager away in the torture chamber till such time she admits to be a witch, and then we will burn her at the stake for being a witch.
Send the gold to the King Henry's castle along with the peasants tithes of the quarter.

Lol! I don't like the Catholic corruption, and it seems to be an

I CAN HANDLE IT!

Offline cuttingedge

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 07:37:58 pm »
 Ever flowing river of it......
Sorry some how post published before I was dont writing!

I CAN HANDLE IT!

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 08:45:44 pm »
wasn't christianity illeagle in rome some time ago? I seem to remember from school, christianity was an illeagle underground sect at some point in time.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 09:25:01 pm »
Many people claim to be Christians, but god said you will know them by the fruits of their labor. Not everyone that claims to be Christians are Christians.  I'm no catholic, but I do believe there is a god! That being said, the Catholic Church has been Guilty of many atrocities.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 10:16:57 am »
I think Judgement is more likely to be an assessment of how you treated your fellow man, and nothing to do with how many times a day you genuflected, tugged your forelock, lowered your knees to the carpet, or saluted a statue, or even where you did such things.

Many times, in many ages, the good teachings have gotten corrupted by the rantings of a madman elevated to a position of (Usually within his own mind only) near Diety in funny hats or long robes...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 11:34:23 am »
Quote from: ghostship
I would have seized on the stoning of folks etc as an example of a religious teaching being against the current laws of most lands.

from; http://www.religioustolerance.org/wic_conf4.htm

Quote from: website
In the early 1990's there was an attempted multiple murder by stoning. This happened during a march which involved many local Wiccans. The demonstration had been organized to promote religious tolerance and freedom in the area. One or more local ministers had preached that in Bible times, the people knew how to handle individuals of other religions - they stoned them to death. A prominent conservative Christian teleminister had arranged to bus fellow Christians to the march site. They emerged from the bus -- many carrying rocks. Numerous injuries and deaths would probably have resulted, if it were not for the prompt, combined action of over 5 local police forces. They formed a protective circle around the marchers.

....it was in august of 1993 so it predates the web but a documentary "march on fort god" was made....

christian stoning of wiccans was disturbingly a little too common for a while in the states.... ...just not well publicised <insert conspiricy theory here?>

my example/use of Buddhism was inspired by the presence of a local Buddhist monastery.... which... considering this part of the country... is amazing it even exists.... ....its the only religious building within about a 40 mile radius (quite possibly further) that doesnt have a cross on it.... ...i pass by it once in a while to have a refreshing glimpse that diversity does exist....

Quote from: achillies
Many people claim to be Christians, but god said you will know them by the fruits of their labor. Not everyone that claims to be Christians are Christians.  I'm no catholic, but I do believe there is a god! That being said, the Catholic Church has been Guilty of many atrocities.

'tis your right (and legal right at that) to believe in god.... and i have nothing against it.... however i dont believe in god (also a legal right) and since i dont believe in an afterlife of any form either i hope that 'the fruits of their labor' (whoever they are and whatever their belief) are taken care of by an 'earthly' court of law to make sure for all walks that justice is done...

Quote from: achillies
Not everyone that claims to be Christians are Christians.
...not exactly a good ethos to follow as you never know who may suddenly realise their way of thinking is not conducive to peace and pull a 180 on the path of life... tho it has been said;

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -Gandhi

as for blueys post..... ...yep..... that pretty much hit the nail square on the head.... far too many times have the ideas of the wise been twisted by those with a lust for power...

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 03:16:20 am »
Sounds logical. As a guy in AridZona, I can open a church if I wish to. State law says so. There is no 'higher power' to supervise religion. Anyone can become a minister. Tax breaks aside... and I am, legally, a minister here. Not that I want to like, open a church or something. I can legally get a couple married. No extra paperwork involved, no legalese approval by any third party. In this state, it would not surpise me if a church of worship of the holy head of purple cabbage would also be perfectly legal. 'Religious beliefs' carry a lot of power in some places.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Sweden recognises church of file sharing as a religion

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx