gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 08:34:07 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  I am banned -"share more".
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I am banned -"share more".  (Read 3699 times)

Offline geordief

• Forum Member
I am banned -"share more".
« on: March 31, 2012, 07:22:36 pm »
This is infuriating .I can see users with zillions of files (that I wouldn't dream of needing .Even to have them on file would seem a burden)
Every so often I get this message that I need to share more (and I am banned).
How can I share more when I don't have any more  files?

I have some  which I have got through Winmx over the years -but not entire libraries.
I do share what I have and what I am slowly acquiring.
Is there  any way to contact the network(s) that are banning me to put my point?

Oh and secondly ,when I use OpenNap  it seems that  ,after I coneect to the networks  quite a lot of them seem to go off air after a certain  (quite short) length of time.

Unless I manually try to reconnect (which is successful mostly)  I lose my place in the queue  -or  the download is halted .
Is there no way I can have this reconnection handled automatically so that I am not tied to the computer?

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Re: I am banned -"share more".
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 08:11:33 pm »
Contact the owner of the network banning you,

If you are being banned from my network let me know. I have a five file policy, and i allow txt files in that of no size. some have much higher requirements. My belief is if your going to connect with no files, im not wasting my bw on you  :yes:
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 08:13:48 pm »
banned? you mean ppl are sending pms and then putting you on ignore? or are you talking about chat channels? or opennap servers?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 08:17:13 pm »
if this is just nap related.. yeah... some are pretty stingy about files... many have a 500 file minimum... others change with the amount of users...

Offline geordief

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 08:50:46 pm »
banned? you mean ppl are sending pms and then putting you on ignore? or are you talking about chat channels? or opennap servers?
cheers
Well I did  get one pms and I was able to set out my stall (successfully)  but since then I can see one of the opennap servers has put up that message and I don't know how I can contact them .Sometimes  when I whois a particular file sharer I can see that they are a moderator (if that was the description I remember) for the network but if I am actually banned from the network I don't see how I can  find out that information.

Offline geordief

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 10:38:25 pm »
actually I think I do see now.When I click on the crossed box to the left of the various servers in Opennap it opens out and ,when I right click I am allowed  to "view server messages" and there is a bit of contact information there .

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 05:35:10 am »
I often had a similar experience with opennap when I'd attempt to connect with 800+ files and there would be a few servers which would ban me for not sharing enough, which was aggravating to me and I expect for other people.
Since there didn't appear to be any way to remedy the situation I decided that if they wanted to play hardball and not think themselves worthy of my files I would remove those servers from the list and leave them out in the cold. I always thought that if they didn't want to play fair they could let people know of their limits in their titles before people would waste time trying to connect to them.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  I am banned -"share more".

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx