gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:17:33 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Over 3 years later, "deleted" Facebook photos are still online
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Over 3 years later, "deleted" Facebook photos are still online  (Read 801 times)

Over 3 years later, "deleted" Facebook photos are still online
« on: February 06, 2012, 08:26:52 pm »
After confirming once again that all the photos that my friends and Ars readers had sent in were still online, I reached out to Facebook once again, looking for an answer as to why this is still going on nearly three years after the company first promised it was "working" on the issue.

"The systems we used for photo storage a few years ago did not always delete images from content delivery networks in a reasonable period of time even though they were immediately removed from the site," Facebook spokesperson Frederic Wolens told Ars via e-mail.

Wolens explained that photos remaining online are stuck in a legacy system that was apparently never operating properly, but said the company is working on a new system that will delete the photos in a mere month and a half. For really real this time.

http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2012/02/nearly-3-years-later-deleted-facebook-photos-are-still-online.ars

Ok it's not really news, I think we all know once somethings caught in the web it's hard to get rid of.

Offline Hooked

• Forum Member
  • Holder of the benign issue!
Re: Over 3 years later, "deleted" Facebook photos are still online
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 01:26:07 am »
I broke down a while ago and put up a facebook account.  I don't suppose that it matters though.  The wife started putting up my pictures as soon as we got married.  Once that happened, I knew I was doomed.  Once on the net, nearly always on the net.   :ugly:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Over 3 years later, "deleted" Facebook photos are still online

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx