gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 05:39:12 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  Kodak v Apple
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Kodak v Apple  (Read 2642 times)

Kodak v Apple
« on: February 19, 2012, 12:21:07 pm »
Kodak may be bankrupt, but that doesn't seem to be stopping Apple from suing them. The case hinges around digital camera patents; Apple alleges that it developed a digital camera in the early 1990s that it shared with Kodak and that Kodak subsequently sought to patent the technology behind it. There's a site about Apple's patents and their use here.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/02/apple-seeks-to-sue-bankrupt-kodak/
http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/15/apple-seeks-bankruptcy-courts-blessing-to-sue-kodak-over-patents/

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Kodak v Apple
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 03:49:19 pm »
i guess with apples dr. jekyll dead all we are going to see from now on is its mr. hyde....

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 06:20:49 pm »
Same old rotten apple.

The U.S. International Trade Commission has preliminarily rejected Apple's ownership claims, but the case and a parallel federal lawsuit remain pending.

Not content with working folks to death in its sub contracted slave labour plants in China its now just seeking to steal some of kodaks patents while it thinks kodak is defenceless, a real low down bunch of corporate ahats if you ask me. 

Offline cuttingedge

• Forum Member
  • I will gladly pay U Tuesday, for a hamburger today
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 07:09:39 pm »
Agreed....Rotten Apple, Or the bad Apple in the bunch, how ever ya wanna spin it. Nothing more than a home for worms and flys!  :death:

I CAN HANDLE IT!

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 08:37:40 pm »
I feels like the soul is gone now and its cetainly just an empty corporate shell

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 08:52:40 pm »
I feels like the soul is gone now and its cetainly just an empty corporate shell

that happened many years ago when the apple2 line was cut and wozinak left... jobs just made it seem like everthing was still rose colored..

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 11:34:47 pm »
That must be why I seem to have developed a distaste for them in the last 3 years Stripe.

As a company I dont have any products or services from I didnt pay them any real attention but with all the child labour and suicides as the foxconn plant in China where conditions would have the factory closed if it was anywhere else and the sue sue and sue again plan being followed by Apple management they now just leave a dark cloud in my mind, its a pity they havent settled many of their legal battles and cleaned up their act but with profits being more important than people I can only see the company going from bad to worse.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 09:00:05 am »
http://www.bash.org/?918519

but with all the child labour and suicides as the foxconn plant in China

whats interesting is... i never paid much attention to foxconn till apple decided to kill it... before apple most i ever saw of foxconn was the name itself embossed in the plastic by machine (and machines are apparently something they dont have anymore cos apple wants things cheaper) of the printer port etc connectors on ATX boards.... find an old one from around 1998-2000... the logo is harder to find earlier than that due to the logo being much smaller and i havent seen the logo on any new hardware in a very long time... but then again the imac did come out in 2003 so that may have been the first nail in the coffin of foxconn as its own brand...

---

i read this after typing the above... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn ... and this in specific stuck out at me...

Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd. was founded in 1974 as a manufacturer of electrical components (notably electrical connectors for computer components,[6] which found use in the Atari 2600).[10] Foxconn originated as a trade name of Hon Hai, later becoming a Hon Hai subsidiary.[6] In 2001 Intel concentrated on its core competency of chip making and began using Chinese contract manufacturers such as Foxconn to make Intel-branded motherboards.
(emphasis mine)

lol... there are my dates... lol... but it was intel that hammered the first nail... apple just 'finished it off' with the ipod/ipad fad devices....

Apple contracts with Chinese industry such as Foxconn because it has easy access to the Chinese supply chain[14] within a well developed industrial cluster.[22] In addition, employees at overseas companies are thought to be more flexible, diligent, and skilled than American workers.[14]

rose colored if i ever heard it...

Foxconn's largest factory worldwide is in Longhua, Shenzhen, where hundreds of thousands of workers (varying counts include 230,000,[14] 300,000,[16] and 450,000[2]) are employed at the Longhua Science & Technology Park, a walled campus[6] sometimes referred to as "Foxconn City"[17] or "iPod City".[18] Covering about 1.16 square miles (3 square km),[19] it includes 15 factories,[17] worker dormitories, a swimming pool,[20] a fire brigade,[6] its own television network (Foxconn TV),[6] and a downtown complete with a grocery store, bank, restaurants, bookstore, and hospital.[6] While some workers live in surrounding towns and villages, others live and work inside the complex;[21] a quarter of the employees live in the dormitories, and many of them work 12-hour days for 6 days each week.[14]

'ipod city'.... now thats just disgusting..

... the wiki has more info about the child labor issues and the suicides as well... its an... interesting.. read...

---

with profits being more important than people I can only see the company going from bad to worse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_on_Wheels

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 01:03:35 pm »
Does this REALLY belong in the 'Lyte' section?
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 03:11:55 pm »
Does this REALLY belong in the 'Lyte' section?

wondering that myself but there is no section (???) on this forum for serious discussion of non-mx subjects...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  Kodak v Apple

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx