gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 12:26:02 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  winMX exe file virus
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: winMX exe file virus  (Read 3930 times)

Offline macqua

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
winMX exe file virus
« on: February 21, 2012, 12:02:21 pm »
I've tried to install the WinMX 3.53 exe a few times on my Lenovo netbook. It's literally the same file that I have installed previously, but this time it gets to the end of the installation process and AVG tells me there is a potential virus threat with the Uninstaller.exe file. I'm not sure if it's just AVG being a bit overprotective, as I have installed from this file before, but I had to reinstall my operating system as it was knocked down with a virus, so that has me worried.

Has anyone else had a similar installation problem?

Thanks.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: winMX exe file virus
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 12:43:38 pm »
what installer are you using? frontcodes? or the one from winmxconex? .... other?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 01:04:14 pm »
https://www.virustotal.com/file/1f93f1e403438ce712411da4c60ea78bf679700fe65483734192ca75e81473bf/analysis/1329829270/

comodos heuristics triggered on the winmxconex one... but avg (at least on that site) didnt say a thing... 

Offline macqua

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 05:10:21 pm »
Thanks for your replies. I'm using the installer from this website (winmxworld.com) - the community patch as it's called.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 05:49:24 pm »
in the virus scanners settings disable heuristics as many times they cause many false positives (look in the help file for how if you dont know)... then do a full scan of your system to check for anything else... then try again and tell us how it went...

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 06:37:18 pm »
We originally had problems with avast and avg when I first created the installers, it was solved by me sending the packed and unpacked containing contents to both companies with our activation date, fortunately both compainies fixed before we shipped, very kind of them :-)

I advise if you are concerned you email them the file and tell them the problems you are having. They usually respond very fast and fix problems.

The reason why the installer and uninstaller in this case gets flagged is I used a autoit script to delete any previous versions of old installers including our older versions and because autoit tends to be used by people with less than good coding skills, but can quite quickly create backdoor servers or trogens as you will all know them that sometimes AntiVirus companies just flag autoit scripts just because they detected autoit scripts....... Not useful.

So yeah, they should be perfectly clean, ill check md5's just incase but I suspect its just a false positive. Please let me know if you hear anything back from AVG.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  winMX exe file virus

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx