gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 07:47:10 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  text pics
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: text pics  (Read 2734 times)

bootsie

text pics
« on: December 02, 2005, 08:14:18 pm »
:evil: i run alot of ascii art in my room i can see it through my bots but i get big blank spots in my mx since i downed the new version patched what can i do my room is based on my art and im very upset that i cant see it in mx i will say its there because i can see the very edges of the art on the right side of the mx window can anyone tell me why and what i can do this has never happend and i reinstalled the old version thinking it was the version itself and it did the same thing HELP!!! :x

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
text pics
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 08:28:35 pm »
Hi Bootsie sorry to hear of your problem.
The version you installed is the identical one as the older releases its just patched outside of the WinMX program for legal reasons.

I take it your running a room using standard WinMX , if so prhaps the windows need resetting, this can be done by right clicking on the tray icon where the clock is and selecting "reset all windows".

Please let me have more details on your setup if this is not the solution such as WinMX version and any other WinMX programs/add-ons installed etc.

bootsie

nope didnt work
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 08:33:59 pm »
im hosting on fxserver i can see the art in the server and on both bots i run its in the new 3.54 mx i cant see them i reset the window and didnt help ty for the try anyway! :lol:

bootsie

mind u
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 08:37:06 pm »
all members in my room can see them im the only one that cant see them so i know its my mx as i said i downed the new 3.54 patched and it went gogo i reinstalled the old version of mx and the old 2. pie patch and still nothing so its mx itself and reseting the window dont work! :(

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
text pics
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 08:40:33 pm »
You are aware 3.53/4 do not support colour commands ?

Most folks use room servers and a client to view them and enjoy the great colour displays.

bootsie

hmm ty
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 10:29:34 pm »
no i wasnt aware of that ty ill promptly return to the 3.53 asap i wasnt aware of that at all ty for your info i have recently noticed the white in some of the text pics show and not the color that was going to be my next q ty ty ty

bootsie

re 3.53
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 10:55:19 pm »
um maby im not making myself clear! My room is hosted by fxserver and i use mxcontrole to run pics and robo for my husband to chat with and i only use mx to chat in my room i was using 3.53 and i was able to see the pics in my mx i can see them on my server and through my bots but not on my mx 3.54 i have reverted back to the 3.53 and still having the same prob i know the pics are there and im not running them through the mx or using the mx to host my room, all i want is to beable to see the pics while im chating in my room as i said im not using mx to run pics just to chat on my own server! It worked befor with 3.53 why wont it go back to the way it was befor i updated to the 3.54?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
text pics
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 11:04:41 pm »
I've seen this problem before myself, usually a clean reinstall of winmx cures it, quite what causes the display of ascii art to break is a mystery though.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
text pics
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 11:08:03 pm »
Bootsie I see exactly what your saying.. unfortunately I am not sure how to go about fixing that. WinMX is able to read color codes just not display them in a WinMX hosted room, which you are not using.

My first suggestion would be if your on XP to run the built in System File scan to make sure that one of the system files WinMX uses is not damaged.  

To do a scan of your XP system files go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command/Msdos prompt,  and enter 'sfc/scannow'.  If there are damaged files it may require you to have your operating system disk handy to make the repairs.

Other then making sure the installation was a fresh copy of WinMX either 3.54 or 3.53 I am at a bit of a loss as to what to try next..

bootsie

not xp windows 2000
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 08:57:04 pm »
and i have done a copleat clean reinstall of mx and using the new 2.8 patch i can see some but whats confusing me is a friend likes to barrow my bot for her room and i can see the pics in her room using my mx but not in my own room ! I know kinda crazy isnt it and while im at it if ya can help with error 12 one of my members is having this prob and id like to fix it

bootsie

fixed prob along with error 12 and 11 in fxservser
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 01:45:03 pm »
seems the prob wasnt the mx at all it was with my room server seems the mew update has a few bugs that force users of the fxserver to backtrak to an erlyer version 1.2.7 so when doing this i found 2 errors corrected and fixed my text picx for those of you that dont know what the error 12 is it forces users with sertain versions of mx to crash out of the room when they type error 11 is were the server kicks a person for typing to much in 1 sentance thats easaly fixed by putting the flood to 0 instead of 1 the new version of the fx server has a few bugs sofar i have pinpointed 3 and i hope that posting my finds and experiances with it will help others that are having the same probs ty for reading and hope it helped
                                                                Boot'sie Wolf     8D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  text pics

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx