gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:28:27 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  MPAA Pressures Website into Censoring ZeroPaid Reporter
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MPAA Pressures Website into Censoring ZeroPaid Reporter  (Read 683 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
MPAA Pressures Website into Censoring ZeroPaid Reporter
« on: April 06, 2012, 08:07:29 am »
http://www.zeropaid.com/news/100537/mpaa-pressures-website-into-censoring-zeropaid-reporter/

The entertainment industry is now attempting to block users getting to music that is being freely distributed by it's creator. Read on ......

The MPAA has been targeting cyberlockers for the last little while. Now, another website I’ve used to distribute music I produce has decided to bow to pressure and censor me in the process of shutting down its sharing services.

CNet has noted that the MPAA is targeting several cyberlockers. The article says that the MPAA is targeting Putlocker, Wupload, Depositfiles, FileServe, and MediaFire. Some of these services are being used to host my own music I want people to download, listen and share for free. That is my choice. I create the music, I have the right to distribute my music as I see fit.

Already, I’ve personally been censored by American prosecutors on behalf of several rightsholders after the takedown of MegaUpload. After the takedown, I’ve personally decided to upload my music to several cyberlockers as part of my anti-censorship tactics against rightsholders thanks to the help of ZeroPaid member Napho.

Now, one of the websites I’ve used to host my music has decided to bow to pressure and block all attempts by others to download my music for free. WUpload is now displaying the following message every time someone tries to download my music for free:
Announcement: All sharing has been disabled. Wupload is not a file sharing site. If you uploaded a file, only you can download it and it can’t be shared with anyone else.

Here are links to my music that are now functionally dead:
Possessed
Phantoms of London
Startin’ Fresh

This is the second time I’ve been censored by rightsholders. Sure, you could say that it’s no big deal if I keep uploading my music to other cyberlockers for ease of download, but that’s not the point. The point is, rightsholders are deciding how their competition is allowed to express legitimate forms of free speech. Does Pepsi decide where Coca Cola is allowed to sell pop in the US? Does Fox news decide what CBC is allowed to report on? Does Toyota decide where Ford is allowed to sell trucks? If not, why is the MPAA deciding where I’m allowed to post my music online for free? This is why I have a problem with these shutdowns. Its the idea that I am being censored. This is the second time I am being censored by competition and I’m pretty sure it won’t be the last time either.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  MPAA Pressures Website into Censoring ZeroPaid Reporter

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx