gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 01:43:25 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Back on the band wagon
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Back on the band wagon  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Kayne

• Forum Member
Back on the band wagon
« on: March 25, 2012, 06:46:22 am »
Hello I'm Kayne.

I was a big WinMX junkie for a long time. Emule and WinMX were my go to clients for everything I couldn't find any where else. but then things changed and I fell away from the community when i kept getting infected with worms and what not

Anyway I lost over 80 gigs of the best music last year and when I decided to fire up win MX on my new system, I found that nothing was readable,  there were no files being transferred and ultimately WinMX was shut down. I uninstalled it and Joined a forum- one with a gold background- one that I cannot remember the name of. I was told that there was some attackers and that things would get better.

I am here now wondering if they have and wondering if WinMX is again a safe place to get some of what i have lost back.
You saw it too didn't you?... The Red Mirage.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Back on the band wagon
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 07:18:10 am »
winmx is being attacked yes... the fix for this is a replacement client thats in the works behind the scenes...

why a replacement client? cos when frontcode disappeared they took the code with them... leaving many things unfixable...

is it safe? thats your call to make...

Offline Kayne

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 03:52:21 pm »
Okay so the Old WinMX that I am used to is out and there is a new client. So am I to assume that the Community patch is also out and that i shouldn't bother with anthing from Vlad.44? Where do I get this New WinMx Client?

and thank you fro responding .

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 08:13:20 pm »
There is a replacement client currently in development but it may be months before it is released. Be patient. All good things are worth waiting for.  Nothing great in life comes easy.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 03:43:31 am »
for now the community patch is all there is... v44 uses it as well..

for a 'lifeboat' opennap can be used...

Offline Kayne

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 11:36:54 pm »
I feel like an idiot, I don't know what Opennap is

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 11:43:10 pm »
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/#9

---edit

the tutorial is a bit dated but still applies... search wont find an active list tho (or much else for that matter)... need to go directly to gotnap.com

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 01:57:07 am »
I am informed there is at least one active list being shared, but regardless head over to gotnap and grab one from there  :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Back on the band wagon

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx