gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 02:03:50 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Looked at the update bar on 3.31 recently?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Looked at the update bar on 3.31 recently?  (Read 8575 times)

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
Re: Looked at the update bar on 3.31 recently?
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 10:50:40 am »
pri, you should join the fopnu forum https://forum.fopnu.com/support/ and voice your technical critiques there as well. the developer should hear about the flaws so they can fix them :)

I have now done so: https://forum.fopnu.com/support/21/

The topic is currently pending approval but should I think appear soon :)

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 10:54:48 am »
Here is a screenshot of what I wrote in case it takes them a while to approve the forum message: http://i.imgur.com/TlaNPZI.png

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2017, 08:12:28 am »
Today I was monitoring Fopnu's disk usage and I've found it absolutely destroys disk performance. It appears to constantly rehash files at the moment. On my server I share from two 3TB drives and the constant reading made them impossible to be used for writes. I cannot download anything beyond a trickle while Fopnu is hashing.

As soon as it's done hashing my 4-5TB of content, it straight away begins again from the start. I believe this to be a bug of course, not intended behaviour.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2017, 11:38:29 am »
Today I was monitoring Fopnu's disk usage and I've found it absolutely destroys disk performance. It appears to constantly rehash files at the moment. On my server I share from two 3TB drives and the constant reading made them impossible to be used for writes. I cannot download anything beyond a trickle while Fopnu is hashing.

As soon as it's done hashing my 4-5TB of content, it straight away begins again from the start. I believe this to be a bug of course, not intended behaviour.

its a bug thats mentioned on the forum... havent had it happen with the linux version... there is an option in settings > files for "no library rehash after last-modified time change" ... but i dont know if that will keep it from seeing new files...

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2017, 01:39:07 pm »
Yeah I saw it on the forums after my post here. I have replied in it to add more feedback :) Also my first thread has now been allowed: https://forum.fopnu.com/support/21/

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2017, 03:50:17 am »
Yeah I saw it on the forums after my post here. I have replied in it to add more feedback :) Also my first thread has now been allowed: https://forum.fopnu.com/support/21/

cant help but wonder... are you using a realtime antivirus software of any kind? if so does disabling it or blocking it from scanning the content of your library stop fopnu from constant rehashing? on fopnu forum this seems to be only affecting the windows users, and windows usually has/needs some type of realtime scanner running 24/7 ..... just a thought *shrugs*

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2017, 07:08:45 am »
There is no Anti-Virus on that server. There is no reason for any of the modified dates to be altered on any of the files. Even antivirus scanning does not alter modified dates.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2017, 07:51:07 am »
New version out to fix the hashing issue  :)

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2017, 03:44:15 pm »
It does appear to work.

Offline Bluehaze

• Forum Member
    • Realms Beyond
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2017, 11:56:11 pm »
fopnu is grreat news! I installed v.1.15 today on my Kubuntu desktop. It works fine for me! Thank you Kevin! :)
"As one grows older, one becomes wiser and more foolish,"
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Looked at the update bar on 3.31 recently?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx