gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 10:18:37 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  "waiting for network reply"....????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: "waiting for network reply"....????  (Read 3828 times)

Offline geordief

• Forum Member
"waiting for network reply"....????
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:24:33 pm »
this has me confused.

I have found the file I was searching for , I have whoised the file  owner , I have browsed his or her library  and then I have attempted to download directly from it.

Why and how can I be getting the message  "waiting for network reply"  if I am still able to browse the  file owner's library (refreshed) ?

Even when I look into the actual network (in OpenNap) it is showing  no problem with the particular network.

I know I can send a message to the file owner but I doubt that he or she   would be any wiser than I am.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: "waiting for network reply"....????
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 03:58:42 am »
on opennap the browse list and whois info comes from the nap server... basically this means you can connect to the nap server no problem and the other user can too but you cannot connect to one another for some reason to transfer the file...

check your firewall to see if the port or ip the other is using is being blocked... this is esp true if you are running peerblock...

if you are talking about the wpn that is something entirely different...

Offline geordief

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 06:39:31 pm »
I am guessing I would have had to put in a block myself and I can't see any blocks -just a few ports that are allowed.

By the way if I minimize the program does that cause the networks to go down after a while (does it go to sleep)?
I just notice that when I go back to the progeam an hour or so later it seems to have "frozen"  and is either all connections down  (or deselected) it seems to be unnacturaly busy reconnecting (like it is feeling guilty now I have showed up!)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 08:00:39 pm »
if you can xfer files from other nap users and wpn users the ports you need to have open are opened... ...its just a goof with that one user (they may not have their connection set up correctly or have your ip blocked ... most likely by accident)

the program doesnt fall asleep when minimized it continues as normal (is your computer set to go to sleep mode after a period of inactivity?) ... if a nap server 'hiccups' however it may be offline long enough that winmx gives up on it... the others that are reconnecting could be hiccups too and if the hiccup is on your end (ip change for instance) the old name you were using on the nap may still be seen as signed in... youll have to wait for this ghost to go away before it'll reconnect.... the time it takes for a ghost to die can cause winmx to give up as well...

overall winmx 3.x on nap kinda needs some babysitting...

Offline geordief

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 10:04:35 pm »
thanks again for your help.
Yes my computer does go into sleep after 20 minutes .
I have just removed that and so I hope that that is going to make the vital difference.
Fingers crossed.!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  "waiting for network reply"....????

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx