gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 07:37:20 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Recent Chatroom Spamming
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Recent Chatroom Spamming  (Read 1137 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Recent Chatroom Spamming
« on: April 13, 2012, 09:44:39 am »
Hi all I was notified yesterday that the chats where being bombarded with a spam link relating to some hate site.

As most of you are aware the aim of such attacks is to divert time we don't have away from the client project, recently we released an early test version that was incompleted to a small team of testers, their feedback has been helpful and positive, work is still going on to add any missing areas and wont stop whatever provocation arises, the client must be finished and that's what will happen.

The reason why I have decided to post here today is to bring to your attention some facts that you may not have noticed that will I hope finalise in your minds just who the attackers are, and how they have shown their hand.

Yesterday a part of my address known only to a small handful of people was included in the spam attack, this small amount of folks include two current site staff and KM, as you can appreciate when so few have these details its not hard to lay the blame on the one who's admitted to conducting attacks on the network but looking closer we see something more important in all this, the spammer and the attacker are working very closely together as the roomlist came back as did the search facilities, obviously this was undertaken to get further room names for the spam bot to harass but the key point is only the attacker can do this and so we now have definitive proof that the attacks are being wholly orchestrated by KM and his friends, giving up part of my address has been a serious blunder in his strategy, hes signed the attacks in my eyes there was scope for doubt before but none now.

What am I going to do about all this some of you will ask ?

I,m going to do what I have said I will do, continue on with the development group in creating a client that will put a halt to childish attacks on the network and its users we all love, many of whom are still angry over losing good friends.

The attackers have a lot to answer for but our priorities must be firm and unyielding, I give you all my word I will waste no time further on KM and his anti-winmx gang, the client is and must be my focus, I thank you all for your trust and support and mainly for your understanding, its been a rough time but there is light on the horizon.

I further thank you all for your attention in reading this topic and my apologies in advance for not answering any replies to this post, we have all lost too much time and this hate campaign activity has simply focused my resolve to bring the project to you all in as short a time as I can.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
Re: Recent Chatroom Spamming
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:56:41 am »
way to go GhostShip :)

ignore and keep on going

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 12:14:12 pm »
Having been testing your recent test release, and actually seeing it now doing everything that i have seen part working in older versions anything that stokes your chimney and gets you finishing the last bits faster pleases me ten fold.

Go team, :)   :thumbs:  :thumbs:

up your  :butt: KM you  :clown:
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 01:59:11 pm »
Two current Site Staff...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 02:04:56 pm »
Ghost is working his ass off bluey. We dont always need to post mate as we do know what is going on and we are working in other areas.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 03:37:08 pm »
wellll, i never said no-one knew what was goin on, but i did just think out loud...

I would be more helpful too, if asked, there are those who would...

Just remember that...

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 04:00:59 pm »
It stands to reason that current alpha releases are tested by the site staff, look at KM's wcs to start a instance of not proper testing.

When a client has everything enabled, and is released, im sure you will find yourself in the list of people. Not that im pointing my finger at you at all bluey but with the rate things end up in peoples hands it shouldnt the design team need to be really dam careful. We dont need a release with a critical bug hitting the interwebs and undoing all the work that has been done, or adding further work to be done.

If it makes you feel better at the moment we(the site staff) are only testing sections of the client, whilst bits are kept away even from me. I dont like that, i wana test it all selfishly, but i dont blame them one bit for not. just incase its sneaked out. At least then we dont have a fully working, bug ridden client wreaking havoc across the network for years cause no bugger will update using it works so what mentality!!

I know i keep saying this every few weeks, but where close guys, closer than we have ever been before, we just have to wait; frustratingly.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 07:01:27 pm »
It's looking great guys, stable as can be at this current stage, keep up the good work & never mind the idiots they'd sell out on their own mothers if they could, they're a disgrace to themselves and to all of mankind.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 03:56:39 am »
It's ok, guys, i have been as busy as a 1-legged bloke in a butt-kicking contest anyway, but i will be available for testing when a full bells n whistles Beta 5 or similar is in need of testers.

My Business here is up and running and growing fast, i was left with almost a clear market. I am still, however, one of the Loyal, and still do share the winmx gospel out in consumer land

Of course, i dont know whether the gods are making it to be fully compatible or sharing only compatible, but like most software, plenty testing is always wise, and nooooo, i dont have the attitude to pass anything onto 'Bad guys'

Just remember that...

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 01:38:43 pm »
To me the WinMx Peer is more stable than we have seen in long time. Not talking about not being able to use the roomfinder but hey, can't we all connect without much of a problem to the Peer?
This has been quite different for quite a while.

I never even asked to be involved in testversions and that is just because I don't want to be suspected from any leakage and I'm sure that it is the reason why the tests versions are in a very closed group. We should understand this all.

I'm sure GS would trust me 100%

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 03:31:11 pm »
I'm quite sure we'll be calling on all you guys for beta testing once it's actually finished.
For now it's all alpha testing with an unfinished product and we don't want to release anything that could be bad for the network like Ghostship already noted.
Once we're sure it's safe and the thing is actually finished there will be a release for public testing but for now we're just not quite there yet.
This is just to let you know that there really is something in the works and there's actual progress.
I'm sure that we can all agree that a few more weeks won't make a difference now, will it?   8)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 06:05:59 pm »
:D it sure makes a difference

complete or not complete

and what are a couple of weeks on a lifetime ?

good things take time so again,
be patient

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Recent Chatroom Spamming

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx