gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 05:26:41 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  ISPs torch UK.gov's smut-blocking master plan
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ISPs torch UK.gov's smut-blocking master plan  (Read 2500 times)

Re: ISPs torch UK.gov's smut-blocking master plan
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 07:36:58 am »
ha ha bees, is that what you told the mrs when she busted you? you were just checking out 'root canal' on the web?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 03:29:44 pm »
You misunderstood me and my own personal jargon which you could have figured out from the context of how I was using it.  There is an interface part of the code (what the user deals with) and the network part of the code which deals with the other machines.   ..... I was obviously speaking of the network layer vs. the user layer of the code in the same program. .....

you mean the core and ui code... ...there are programs out there whose ui and core components are separated by a network layer for use on just the local host or across a network... xmms2 comes to mind... so no... it wasnt "obvious"... esp considering you are talking about software that connects to the net...

the ideas put forth in the rest of your post have already been considered and found lacking for protecting against the attacks... but that shouldnt stop you from coming up with ideas... might learn something while brainstorming...

Check out what root is understood to mean in South Africa.

...learn something new every day...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 10:36:43 pm »
ummm, guys, i'm tryin to figure out here, i'm sure that this thread was about a news item relating to ISP's filtering smut, cos the POMs have spent centuries denying that they indulge in sex (Why havent they bred out then?) but it became a heavy-duty discussion about WinMX client design, within just 1 or 2 posts...

Are we all getting jittery or summat?

:-)
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 10:28:36 am »
With discussion comes enlightenment, we all win when we communicate Bluey  :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  ISPs torch UK.gov's smut-blocking master plan

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx