gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 06:11:46 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Kopimism, Sweden's Pirate Religion, Begins to Plunder America
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Kopimism, Sweden's Pirate Religion, Begins to Plunder America  (Read 644 times)

A Swedish religion whose dogma centers on the belief that people should be free to copy and distribute all information—regardless of any copyright or trademarks—has made its way to the United States.

An American branch of the religion was recently registered with Illinois and is in the process of gaining federal recognition, according to Christopher Carmean, a 25-year-old student at the University of Chicago and head of the U.S. branch.

About 450 people have registered with his church, and about 30 of them are actively practicing the religion, whose symbols include Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V—the keyboard shortcuts for copy and paste.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/04/20/kopimism-swedens-pirate-religion-begins-to-plunder-america

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Re: Kopimism, Sweden's Pirate Religion, Begins to Plunder America
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 02:34:30 am »
What's the betting that officialdom will take great delight in watching every move that they make. I would suspect that "authority" is already working on an excuse to take them down. I wish them luck, but I suspect they will be hounded.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Kopimism, Sweden's Pirate Religion, Begins to Plunder America

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx