gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 01:14:11 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  MPAA strikes back
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MPAA strikes back  (Read 2791 times)

Offline Rock001

• Forum Member
MPAA strikes back
« on: May 23, 2005, 11:12:45 am »
Here is a dream for the MPAA. As the new star wars movie is released the MPAA vows to catch the people sharing the latest Star Wars Movie

Quote from: Austalian IT

Hollywood strikes back at pirates

MAY 20, 2005  

PIRATES peddling bootlegged copies of the just-released Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith will be tracked down and caught, Hollywood's chief lobbyist has warned.

for the full Article here is the website:

http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,15349093%5E15318%5E%5Enbv%5E15306,00.html
Still kickin' and screaming'!

KM

MPAA strikes back
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 03:51:30 pm »
well, after reading that... anyone got a copy for me to share on my servers 10Mbit connection? i dont want to watch it, but i would love to share it with as many people as possible after reading that! :-P

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
MPAA strikes back
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 05:01:09 pm »
It seems that the extra publicity of p2p users saying how good it was has helped pack folks into the cinemas for a multimillion dollar bonanza  :D

http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=798

Well I,m sure they will more than break even on this in cinema tickets, ringtones, spin off products and advertising gimmicks. :)

Its a great film folks and once you seen it at the cinema you might also buy it on dvd when its available, and thats the problem .
The initial delay in releasing the dvd which is a manouver calculated to keep our cinemas open, allows rampant bootlegging of the film, a few grainy p2p swapped versions dont really alter this very much, in fact as has been shown, folks like to go to the cinema to see all the spectacular imagery and audio effects that are just not available in your front room.

Whilst I am often outspoken on certain issues, I do not begrudge anyone there living and would advise purchasing a great product if its availble, putting reasonable price tickets on many products would enable scale economies to negate most losses, I mean who wants a an inferior product if its avaiable reasonably priced.  Think big Hollywood.   :wink:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  MPAA strikes back

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx