gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 04:12:48 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  Re: Attack discussion
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Re: Attack discussion  (Read 11291 times)

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
Re: Re: Attack discussion
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2012, 08:36:10 pm »
he could always contribute

Just remember, WMW does NOT own WinMX

Everyone else that COULD do anything has turned their backs on the problem, so the fixup has fallen onto the plate of anyone who will do, WMW took on that task and is working on it

They are all volunteers, no-one is getting paid a penny, which means they have to do it between doing other activities that keeps them fed and housed

This means there is NOT a large office filled with coders each working on little segments, its one or two people, and the fixup is not a mere patch, without the benefit of the original source code, the whole program has had to be analysed and then NEW CODE written from scratch

The bullshit, if any, comes from critics, feel free to go sit with them and start a dummy-sucking and spitting-fest of your own

The work will progress faster, I am sure, if there is less time being occupied dealing with criticism arising from ignorance and impatience
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Attack discussion
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2012, 08:46:27 pm »
And what right is that Ants ?

I saw what you posted in the chat room recently under the name ALICE, it was unhelpful and time wasting for the few folks holding the fort there to keep the place ticking over till we have what you need, do you think being obnoxious is your right or that we owe you something more than the time we have already put in to do our best for you and the other users ?

Be patient please or you may well end up costing much good will that is better spent celebrating the return of our community.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2012, 09:00:26 pm »
GS, do we have a button or checkbox for new registrations to click for 'Immature' as age info? Maybe there ought to be...

(selected by default?)
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2012, 09:08:11 pm »
15 Months?

wow that's amazing, these guys have been at it and they haven't given up yet, despite people like you ANTS.

The rest of us are in the same boat as you ANTS. We're all living with a broken network. Some of us are gratefull that theres a few who care enough to help out the community and have the skillset/knowledgebase to be able to do something.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2012, 10:59:11 pm »
Some people are born to moan and cast they're negativity onto others. Its what truly makes them happy, they're not happy otherwise. I dont imagine they're real lives are any different than on here, or maybe they were bullied as children and this is a place they can attempt to bully back. They're incapable of showing a shred of decency, and are unable to express their concerns without looking like complete jackasses. Attention seekers is all i can think of  :whistle:

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2012, 01:56:23 am »
Some of us are gratefull that theres a few who care enough to help out the community and have the skillset/knowledgebase to be able to do something.

Hear, hear!

I am grateful for those who do what I cannot, who care enough, and keep working despite the complaints about how things are going, especially when they're not under any obligation to do anything here but do so out of their sense of kindness and they're desire to have a working client.

Offline LiveForeverNow

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2012, 06:02:18 am »
let's cut through the bullshit, shall we? what's the actual current progress status?

One has to really Love the crassness and ignorance of some.

Of course there is the other thread where weekly progress reports are posted...

you mean the one noone has posted in almost a month? weekly updates mean WEEKLY, not monthly. nice try, genius.

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2012, 06:18:07 am »
That's almost a whole page with no constructive conversation.

If updates I understand and can communicate to you guys become available I'll endevour to share them.
I see little point to this thread continuing.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2012, 10:49:11 am »
Theres little point in being angry folks, you all know that the new client is being worked on every day and will arrive when its ready, also bear in mind the developers want it out there too as theres nothing better than the thanks of the community to revitalise the efforts however theres also no point in delivering something that's not fully ready as that would have the opposite effect, developers are human too and undue praise or criticism does have an effect so please bear that in mind before letting your emotions get the better of you and firing off a nasty post that serves benefit to no one.

Please also bear in mind that having to come here and defend the progress and the development team in general wastes developmental time, so far this week half a days work has been lost dealing with bad tempers and rude folks, surely we are not all so selfish as to want to sabotage the progress of the very thing we are waiting upon ?

If theres no news its generally because there is not much progress that week that's worth posting, most of you for instance would not care it someone told you the listviews have been updated to handle other languages or that the wizard now features the page toad posted in another thread, and that the filesharing system is being tweaked again to improve its performance, of course some of you will like to hear all of that but most just want the client to play with in their own hands and some feel let down because they have been patient and are harbouring doubts as to whats really going on here due to a few seemingly bad mannered posts questioning whether the project is real etc, all I can say is let my time here speak for itself, each time I have asked the community for something it has arrived maybe not on time but its always been delivered and this time is no different, please have trust in your fellow MX'ers as otherwise we are doomed to become a rabble of conflicting interests.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  Re: Attack discussion

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.014 seconds with 18 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx