gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 09:56:48 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  DVDs and Blu-Rays Will Now Contain Two Unskippable, Ten Second Copyright Warning
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DVDs and Blu-Rays Will Now Contain Two Unskippable, Ten Second Copyright Warning  (Read 683 times)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
http://www.geekosystem.com/dvds-blurays-unskippable-copyright-warnings/

Remember that old FBI warning before movies that you probably don’t notice anymore because there’s a decent chance you exclusively use streaming services to watch your movies and television shows now? Remember how it was always annoying that, whenever you popped in a DVD, you couldn’t skip that warning, as your DVD player would inform you that the operation could not be completed? Well, it’s about to get even more annoying for DVD and Blu-ray owners. That single, unskippable FBI warning is multiplying, and now DVDs and Blu-rays from six major studios will carry two unskippable, ten second warnings.

and they wonder why ppl pirate...

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
There's one easy solution for those who watch DVDs on their PC: download VLC Player.  (No, this is not meant to be a marketing plug. VLC is free anyway.) It's available for other OSs as well (Mac, Linux, etc) but because I do not use those, I have no idea if my below statements are true for them as well.

The program does not allow "frozen pages" that you can't skip or fast forward through. I have not yet found a case where these menus come up and I can't quickly bypass them in one way or another, and in many cases the pages aren't even displayed at all. You can even fast forward or skip ahead on menus (such as fancy unskippable scenes when taking you from one menu to another)

The only feature VLC doesn't have (that I've noticed) compared to any standard DVD software is an "angle" button, and how often do you use that?
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
i usually just use dvd decryptor and make a really big vob out of the 'feature presentation'  .... the novelty of the extras wore off years ago for me... ...well.. that and my netbook doesnt have an optical drive >.>

i prefer to use mplayer but vlc and mplayer are basically the same thing (the FFMpeg library)

....i really miss vhs and its non stoppable by the mpaa fast forward button...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  DVDs and Blu-Rays Will Now Contain Two Unskippable, Ten Second Copyright Warning

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.027 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx